Kierra Sheard backstage at the 2012 Stellar Awards in Nashville, TN. (Photo: Terron Austin – @TerronAustin)
Urban gospel singer/songwriter Kierra Sheard is among the leading young entertainers in the world of gospel music. After breaking onto the scene back in 2004 with her debut “I Owe You,” the world has seen and heard her mature album after album with urban worship anthems and stunning live performances.
Knowing she’s the daughter of legendary singer Karen Clark Sheard (of the Clark Sisters), you’d think Kierra’s entrance into the music scene would be easy. The 24-year-old Detroit native says that isn’t the case, but she does feel the pressure in a different way.
Listen to the complete chat with Kierra Sheard chat below to find out how she handles it all plus learn how she keeps being young and saved attractive to her core audience.
Share your thoughts on the interview with us below on the message board using your Twitter or Facebook profile to log in and leave a comment.
- Donald Lawrence Announces Cancer Diagnosis
- Bishop T.D. Jakes Gives Emotional Message on Trayvon Martin
- Mary Mary Discuss Pregnancies, Christian Conflict Plus Fashion Do’s & Don’ts
- Miss Community Clo’s Next Rollin Rally Stop is Coming Saturday, March 31st
- Michelle Williams On “Most Powerful Voices” Competition
- Your Guide to Who’s Who on Mary Mary’s TV Show