In my last article I discussed the five worst foods for your body. In this article I will discuss the five best foods (super foods) according to healthcastle.com.
- Walnuts – As a tremendous source of protein, walnuts top the list. They are also packed with fiber, vitamin B magnesium and antioxidants.
- Flax Seeds – Flax seeds provide omega three fatty acids. They are known to have heart benefits, high fiber and the antioxidant lignan. Flax seeds are also known to help prevent cancer.
- Pomegranates – I’ve seen pomegranates on quite a few super food lists. Pomegranates contain, polyphenols, tannins and anthocyanins, all powerful antioxidants. Pomegranate juice is what you need to become familiar with. Lowering cholesterol and reducing blood pressure are its claim to fame.
- Salmon – Salmon is backed by the American Heart Association; they recommend two servings a week. There may be no better source of protein and omega fatty acids.
- Dark Greens – I’ve been preaching about the benefits of dark green since day one. Particularly, kale, chard, collard greens, bok choy, broccoli, asparagus, and green beans. All are packed with iron, calcium and vitamins A and C. Dark greens are nutrient-dense foods which fill you up, keep you regular (high in fiber), and keep the heart healthy. Four servings of vegetables are recommended daily by the American Heart Association.
Also On Praise 104.7: