Every once in a while a movie will move you. The faith film War Room is your must see film this weekend that will move you right out of your seat and change your heart.
Tony and Elizabeth Jordan, a couple who seemingly have it all-great jobs, a beautiful daughter, their dream home. Appearances can be deceiving. In reality, their marriage has become a war zone and their daughter is collateral damage. With guidance from Miss Clara, an older, wiser woman, Elizabeth discovers she can start fighting for her family instead of against them. This is where the movie takes you on a deeply introspective ride.
The film should be on you must see list this weekend.
#1 The couple is a realistic. You rarely see African American couples in faith films as leads.Priscilla Schiller as Elizabeth and T.C. Stallings as Tony Jordan make you believe they are the couple. At times you feel like you are actually watching, uncomfortably I might add, your friends marriage disintegrate. They do not veer into the simple sappy version of Christian leads either. Their issues are complicated.
In this scene, Tony, fears his wife Elizabeth, played by Priscilla Shirer, has discovered his wayward ways … and he tries to avoid her wrath!
#2 Faith is not easy. You have to work at it. War Room hits this issue out the park! How many times a day is our walk as Christians challenged? We are pushed to despair, anger and desperation. As Christians we understand that lack of hope means mortal sin. Jesus is very clear we cannot give up hope and surrender to the world. The film makes you sit back and think about your own relationships. It makes you look deeply at whether you work at your relationship with Christ.
Don’t miss this movie. You may walk out of the theater a new person.
Make sure to read:
Faith Films You Must See Before You Die
1. Samson and DelilahSource:DVD Cover 1 of 13
2. The Perfect StrangerSource:DVD Cover 2 of 13
3. The TrialSource:DVD 3 of 13
4. The Ten CommandmentsSource:DVD Cover 4 of 13
5. JoshuaSource:DVD Cover 5 of 13
6. One Night With The KingSource:DVD Cover 6 of 13
7. The Story Of RuthSource:DVD Cover 7 of 13
8. The Passion Of The ChristSource:DVD Cover 8 of 13
9. The RobeSource:DVD Cover 9 of 13
10. Demetrius And the GladiatorsSource:DVD Covers 10 of 13
11. Heaven Is RealSource:DVD Cover 11 of 13
12. Left BehindSource:DVD Cover 12 of 13
13. The BibleSource:DVD Cover 13 of 13
2 Reasons Why ‘War Room’ Should Be The Movie You See This Weekend was originally published on elev8.com