President Barack Obama shut up plenty of his critics who complain he doesn’t engage with conservative media this week. Tonight, Obama will be making a rare appearance on FOX News Channel in its new special, “Fox News Reporting: Destiny and Power-The Private Diaries of George Herbert Walker Bush” hosted by Brit Hume at 10 pm ET.
The announcement of Obama’s spot in the show just two days after presidential candidate Ben Carson suggested he was too afraid to be interviewed by FOX. Carson was responding to Obama’s prior comment on the last GOP debate over conservatives’ criticism of CNBC saying:
“If you can’t handle those guys, then I don’t think the Chinese and the Russians are going to be too worried about you.”
On the show, Obama describes story subject Bush 41 as “one of the most underrated presidents that we’ve ever had.” The special’s airing coincides with the release of Bush’s biography, “Destiny and Power: The American Odyssey of George Herbert Walker Bush.” The book has caught a buzz because of H. W. Bush’s recently aired and unfavorable comments about former Vice President Dick Cheney and Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld’s performance during the George W. Bush administration.
The last time Obama appeared on FOX was almost two years ago in February 2014 when he sat down with Bill O’Reilly in time for the Super Bowl. During the 10 minute long exclusive, O’Reilly trolled the president over the healthcare website, comments the president had made on insurance and terror attacks in Libya.
I wonder what Carson has to say now…
#BROTUS: Our Favorite Bromance Moments Between Barack Obama & Joe Biden
1. Biden Is Obama's Original Hype-ManSource:Getty 1 of 13
2. They Chill In The Oval OfficeSource:Getty 2 of 13
3. They Support Each Others WinsSource:Getty 3 of 13
4. They Have Secret HandshakesSource:Getty 4 of 13
5. They Crack Up At Each Other's JokesSource:Getty 5 of 13
6. They Make Their Enemies Wish They Were Their FriendsSource:Getty 6 of 13
7. They Look At Each Other With PrideSource:Getty 7 of 13
8. They Aren't Afraid To Let The Other ShineSource:Getty 8 of 13
9. They Love A Good Bro-HugSource:Getty 9 of 13
10. They Celebrate With Each Other's WivesSource:Getty 10 of 13
11. They Walk With SwagSource:Getty 11 of 13
12. They Shade Their EnemiesSource:White House 12 of 13
13. Forever BrosSource:White House 13 of 13
Obama Makes First Appearance On FOX News In Nearly 2 Years was originally published on hellobeautiful.com