On Wednesday, January 10, legislators from around the Commonwealth of Virginia will head to Richmond for the 2018 session of the General Assembly. Senators and Delegates will represent you so check in on them by taking an active role in the legislative process. Some frequently asked questions “Who is my legislator?” “What bills are being introduced?” Could I attend and speak at a session?” For more information log on to the Virginia General Assembly website here.
Track hundreds of bills introduced in the Virginia House and Senate courtesy of RichmondSunlight.com
The General Assembly meets annually, beginning on the second Wednesday in January, for 60 days in even-numbered years and for 30 days in odd-numbered years, with an option to extend annual sessions for a maximum of 30 days. The Senate of Virginia and the Virginia House of Delegates, both bodies of the Virginia Legislature, meet in the historic, working Capitol building in Richmond, Virginia.
The Governor may call a special session when it is deemed necessary or advisable, and must do so when petitioned by two-thirds of the members of both houses.
A reconvened session is held on the sixth Wednesday after adjournment of each regular or special session for the purpose of considering governor’s recommendations and vetoed legislation.
Say My Name: Stars' Real Names I
1. Raphael Saadiq was born Charlie Ray WigginsSource: 1 of 25
2. Flo Rida was born Tramar DillardSource: 2 of 25
3. Macy Gray was born Natalie McIntyreSource: 3 of 25
4. Wiz Khalifa was born Cameron Jibril ThomazSource: 4 of 25
5. His lady, Amber Rose was born Amber LevonchuckSource: 5 of 25
6. Cee Lo Green was born Thomas CallawaySource: 6 of 25
7. Fabolous was born John JacksonSource: 7 of 25
8. Alicia Keys was born Alicia Augello CookSource: 8 of 25
9. Meek Mill was born Robert Rahmeek WilliamsSource: 9 of 25
10. Akon was born Aliuane Badara ThiamSource: 10 of 25
11. Chaka Khan was born Carole Yvette Marie StevensSource: 11 of 25
12. Erykah Badu was born Erica Abi WrightSource: 12 of 25
13. Pitbull was born Armand Christian PerezSource: 13 of 25
14. Ne-Yo was born Shaffer SmithSource: 14 of 25
15. John Legend was born John StephensSource: 15 of 25
16. Jamie Foxx was born Eric Marlon BishopSource: 16 of 25
17. Da Brat was born Shawntae HarrisSource: 17 of 25
18. Ginuwine was born Elgin LumpkinSource: 18 of 25
19. Bruno Mars was born Peter Gene HernandezSource: 19 of 25
20. will.i.am was born William Adams and apl.de.ap was born Allan Pineda Lindo, Jr.Source: 20 of 25
21. T-Pain was born Faheem Rashad Najm21 of 25
22. Nicki Minaj's real name is Onika Tanya Maraj22 of 25
23. Tank's real name is Durrell Babbs23 of 25
24. Snoop Dogg's real name is Calvin Cordozar Broadus, Jr.24 of 25
Legislators Propose TANF, Criminal Justice Reform & Education Bills was originally published on kissrichmond.com