In this Ericaism, Erica Campbell explains why the “magic” part of #BlackGirlMagic isn’t the best choice of words. Magic is synonymous with some pretty intense words, like sorcery, witchcraft, voodooism and more. Instead, Erica suggests, a word like “glory” is a great replacement for “magic.”
Words have power; God created the earth with words. There is a trickery implied in the word “magic,” and Erica says she’s not trying to trick anybody. She wants everybody to know exactly what it is: the glory of God. Check out this exclusive video to hear more in this clip from “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show.”
Listen to “Get Up! Mornings With Erica Campbell” LIVE every weekday from 6/5am C.
- Young Children Wandering Down Six Forks Rd.
- RED CARPET RUNDOWN: 2019 Brit Awards
- Chicago PD Charge Jussie Smollett With Felony Disorderly Conduct
- Mr. Griffin: It’s In My Nature [VIDEO]
- New York City Releases An Anti-Hair Discrimination Guideline For People of Color
- Get Up! News Roundup: Marvin Gaye Added To The Music Icons Stamp Series, Burberry Apologizes For Noose Hoodie & More
- Listen To Black Women| Why Are Black Women Being Left Out Of The Mass Incarceration Conversation?
- Welp! Mo’Nique Shares Edited Clip Of Her Steve Harvey Interview, Titled ‘Selling Out’
- Covington Teen Caught in Face-Off With Native American Suing Washington Post Over Incident Coverage
- DC Comics Cancels Series About Jesus After Receiving Over 200,000 Signed Petitions