Chelsea Haley never thought that when she became a teacher she would adopt one of her students as well as his younger brother. NY Daily News interviewed Haley and she spoke about Jerome Robinson her adoptive son that she used to teach. Robinson had behavioral issues and Haley wanted to quit teaching because of him at one point.
She said, “At certain points, his behavior got so bad. I thought, ‘I can’t do this anymore. I can’t be a teacher.’” Haley met Robinson after being placed at a low-income school through Teach for America. For months she battled with Robinson and later found out there were a lot of things going on at home.
Robinson’s mother was struggling after the death of her husband and daughter. It was time for Haley to move on from that school and in October had a dream that God told her she was going to be Robinson’s mom. The next day Robinson asked could he live with her and she said, “I told him I had been feeling the same thing.”
Haley adopted Robinson and his younger brother in 2015. She said, “I never thought I’d be a single mom at age 24, especially of two boys, one of which was my 12-year-old student. And the other one who was only a year-and-a-half.” Haley and the boys now live in Atlanta where they are doing great. God bless this teacher and those wonderful boys.
- G.I.’s Soars to #49 on Billboard’s Top Gospel Airplay Charts With New Hit Single “I’m Ready”
- J.J. HAIRSTON & YOUTHFUL PRAISE’S #1 HIT “YOU DESERVE IT” CAPTURES BILLBOARD MUSIC AWARD
- JEKALYN CARR PREPS FOR “YOU WILL WIN” CONFERENCE JUNE 21-22
- Take Our Music Survey For A Chance To Win $250 In Cash
- 2018 STONE SOUL ARTISTS ANNOUNCED! BUY TICKETS HERE!
- Black Law Firm Wins Largest Jury Verdict For Rape In U.S. History
- ‘Empire’ Recap: The Lyons Go Out With A Pregnancy, A Proposal, One Death And A Possible
- Doctor Who Made Music Videos During Plastic Surgeries Faces Lawsuit For Alleged Brain Damage To Patient
- Chicago’s Black, Low-Income Students Suffer Most After City’s 2013 School Closures, Report Says
- Faith Walking: God Is Closer Than You Think [EXCLUSIVE VIDEO]
Inside The Kids Choice Awards: Stars And Their Adorable Kids Hit The Orange Carpet
1. Kevin Hart1 of 11
2. Machine Gun Kelly2 of 11
3. Mariah Carey and Nick Cannon and their kids3 of 11
4. Demi Lovato4 of 11
5. Lamar Odom5 of 11
6. Gwen Stefani6 of 11
7. DJ Khaled and his son7 of 11
8. Blac Chyna8 of 11
9. Zendaya9 of 11
10. Mariah Carey and her daughter10 of 11
11. Kel Mitchell and his wife Asia11 of 11
Teacher Adopts Student Who Almost Made Her Quit After God Told Her To was originally published on GetUpErica.com