A lot of singers when they first get started talk about how church was one of the first places they sang. During a 1991 appearance of “The Oprah Winfrey Show,” Luther Vandross spoke to Oprah about how he never sang his church. Even though he was blessed with an amazing voice the singer explained it wasn’t for church.
Vandross said, “ I didn’t believe in turning the spirit off and on.” He went on to talk about how on Tuesday he might want to sing gospel and it’s ok. Vandross wanted it to be natural and although his mother would’ve loved it that platform wasn’t for him.
- Transformation Expo 2018 – NEW ARTISTS ANNOUNCED!
- The Wow 2018 Stellar Awards Flyaway
- Celebrate Black History Month!
- Tamyya J On The Long Singing Journey After Winning McDonald’s Gospelfest [EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW]
- 4 Records ‘Black Panther’ Has Broken, So Far
- Kim Burrell Uninvited From Church Event Due To Comments On Homosexuality
- Drake Says ‘God’s Plan’ Video Most Important Of His Career
- Sgt. La David Johnson’s Plans For His Family Were Tragically Cut Short
- Black Florida School Official Emerges As The Calming Voice Following The Parkland Shooting
- Welp! Keshia Knight Pulliam Reportedly Owes $102K In Georgia State Back Taxes