A lot of singers when they first get started talk about how church was one of the first places they sang. During a 1991 appearance of “The Oprah Winfrey Show,” Luther Vandross spoke to Oprah about how he never sang his church. Even though he was blessed with an amazing voice the singer explained it wasn’t for church.
Vandross said, “ I didn’t believe in turning the spirit off and on.” He went on to talk about how on Tuesday he might want to sing gospel and it’s ok. Vandross wanted it to be natural and although his mother would’ve loved it that platform wasn’t for him.
- John P. Kee and Sheilah Belle “The Belle” Headed to Greater Works Christian Fellowship 2nd Annual City Praise Family Fun Day
- The OFFICIAL Statement from the FAMILY on the Passing of Aretha Franklin
- Cathy Hughes, Founder and Chairperson of Urban One, Inc., Mourns The Death Of Aretha Franklin
- The Queen of Soul, Aretha Franklin, Makes Heaven Her Final Home
- Queen Of Soul Aretha Franklin Dies At Age 76
- AWARD-WINNING CHART TOPPER TRAVIS GREENE PRESENTS ENGAGE CULTURE WEEKEND AUGUST 17TH-19TH
- Global Superstar Nicki Minaj Returns To The “VMAs” For A Special Remote Performance
- THIS WEEK ON “WE’RE THE CAMPBELLS”….
- Music Legend & Icon Aretha Franklin “Gravely Ill”
- Grammy® Winner Tamela Mann and NAACP Image Award-Winning Comedian David Mann Announce Family Tour Dates
Gospel Artists At The 2018 GRAMMYs [PHOTOS]
1. Le’Andria Johnson1 of 6
2. The Walls Group2 of 6
3. Marvin Sapp3 of 6
4. Tina Campbell4 of 6
5. Anita Wilson5 of 6
6. JJ Hairston6 of 6
Why Luther Vandross Decided Not To Sing In Church [VIDEO] was originally published on GetUpErica.com