A lot of singers when they first get started talk about how church was one of the first places they sang. During a 1991 appearance of “The Oprah Winfrey Show,” Luther Vandross spoke to Oprah about how he never sang his church. Even though he was blessed with an amazing voice the singer explained it wasn’t for church.
Vandross said, “ I didn’t believe in turning the spirit off and on.” He went on to talk about how on Tuesday he might want to sing gospel and it’s ok. Vandross wanted it to be natural and although his mother would’ve loved it that platform wasn’t for him.
- 2018 STONE SOUL ARTISTS ANNOUNCED! BUY TICKETS HERE!
- Memorial Day Weekend Safe Grilling Tips
- Holy Grounds! Swoope’s ‘Shining Down’ vs. 1k Phew’s ‘Show Love’
- La La Is Turning Her Book ‘The Love Playbook’ Into A Movie With Queen Latifah
- How Black Women Delivered Stacey Abrams’ Historic Win in Georgia’s Primary Race
- Morgan Freeman Accused Of Inappropriate Behavior And Harassment
- G.I.’s Soars to #49 on Billboard’s Top Gospel Airplay Charts With New Hit Single “I’m Ready”
- J.J. HAIRSTON & YOUTHFUL PRAISE’S #1 HIT “YOU DESERVE IT” CAPTURES BILLBOARD MUSIC AWARD
- Michelle Obama’s Book Cover For Upcoming ‘Becoming’ Memoir Revealed
- JEKALYN CARR PREPS FOR “YOU WILL WIN” CONFERENCE JUNE 21-22
Gospel Artists At The 2018 GRAMMYs [PHOTOS]
1. Le’Andria Johnson1 of 6
2. The Walls Group2 of 6
3. Marvin Sapp3 of 6
4. Tina Campbell4 of 6
5. Anita Wilson5 of 6
6. JJ Hairston6 of 6
Why Luther Vandross Decided Not To Sing In Church [VIDEO] was originally published on GetUpErica.com