A lot of singers when they first get started talk about how church was one of the first places they sang. During a 1991 appearance of “The Oprah Winfrey Show,” Luther Vandross spoke to Oprah about how he never sang his church. Even though he was blessed with an amazing voice the singer explained it wasn’t for church.
Vandross said, “ I didn’t believe in turning the spirit off and on.” He went on to talk about how on Tuesday he might want to sing gospel and it’s ok. Vandross wanted it to be natural and although his mother would’ve loved it that platform wasn’t for him.
- Get Up! News Roundup: Nike Unveils Icon Jersey For Colin Kaepernick, Jussie Smollett In Police Custody & More
- How DeVon Franklin’s New Book Will Give Men A Lesson On Learning How To Love
- How One Hollywood Actor Put His Religion To The Test And Formed A Relationship With Christ
- Homeless Man Tells Police God Told Him To Save Rattlesnake, Carries It Around
- Young Children Wandering Down Six Forks Rd.
- RED CARPET RUNDOWN: 2019 Brit Awards
- Chicago PD Charge Jussie Smollett With Felony Disorderly Conduct
- Mr. Griffin: It’s In My Nature [VIDEO]
- New York City Releases An Anti-Hair Discrimination Guideline For People of Color
- Get Up! News Roundup: Marvin Gaye Added To The Music Icons Stamp Series, Burberry Apologizes For Noose Hoodie & More
Gospel Artists At The 2018 GRAMMYs [PHOTOS]
1. Le’Andria JohnsonSource: 1 of 6
2. The Walls GroupSource: 2 of 6
3. Marvin SappSource: 3 of 6
4. Tina CampbellSource: 4 of 6
5. Anita WilsonSource: 5 of 6
6. JJ HairstonSource: 6 of 6
Why Luther Vandross Decided Not To Sing In Church [VIDEO] was originally published on GetUpErica.com