South Korea is currently hosting the Winter Olympics and most don’t know that they are one of the “biggest exporters” of the gospel. In an article on CBN a missionary movement helped the spread of Christianity over the last half-century. Jae Kyeong Lee, a leader in the Korea Baptist Convention spoke on the missions and how it all started.
He said, “24 missionaries were officially sent out by the Korean churches in 1974. Their number grew exponentially, and 40 years after Korea sent out its first missionaries, 27,436 Korean missionaries from various denominations were serving in 170 countries.” Christianity has thrived and has made many follow the gospel.
Only one percent of the country’s population was Christian in 1885 and since then the number has grown drastically. Certain areas of South Korea has adopted morning prayer into their day. Although younger people growing up in the area has been turning away from religion it will continue to be on the rise.
- 6 Things That Could Help You Read The Bible More Effectively
- JONATHAN MCREYNOLDS LEADS 2019 STELLAR GOSPEL MUSIC AWARDS WITH NINE NOMINATIONS
- Alabama Chick-fil-A Opens On A Sunday To Fulfill The Wish Of Boy Living With Autism And Cerebral Palsy
- GRIFF’s Prayer: Lord I Need Peace [VIDEO]
- Ericaism: Be Slow To Speak And Slow To Get Angry [VIDEO]
- Get Up! News Roundup: Serena Williams Wins Her First Australian Open Match, Iyanla Vanzant Reveals She Turned Down To Help R. Kelly & More
- 10 Healthy Meal Delivery Services To Try
- Stellar Awards 2019: The Nominees Are In!
- Broadway Legend Carol Channing Dead at 97
- Pastor Gunned Down While Opening The Church Doors For Service
The History Of Black Athletes In The Winter Olympics
1. Black OlympiansSource: 1 of 9
2. Tai Babilonia (Figure Skating)Source: 2 of 9
3. William “Willie” Davenport (Bobsledding)Source: 3 of 9
4. Debi Thomas (Ice Skating)Source: 4 of 9
5. Surya Bonaly (Figure Skating)Source: 5 of 9
6. Vonetta Flowers (Bobsledding)Source: 6 of 9
7. Jarome Iginla (Hockey)Source: 7 of 9
8. Shani Davis (Speedskating)Source: 8 of 9
9. The Women’s US Olympic Bobsled TeamSource: 9 of 9
How South Korea Became One Of The Biggest Exporters Of The Gospel was originally published on GetUpErica.com