South Korea is currently hosting the Winter Olympics and most don’t know that they are one of the “biggest exporters” of the gospel. In an article on CBN a missionary movement helped the spread of Christianity over the last half-century. Jae Kyeong Lee, a leader in the Korea Baptist Convention spoke on the missions and how it all started.
He said, “24 missionaries were officially sent out by the Korean churches in 1974. Their number grew exponentially, and 40 years after Korea sent out its first missionaries, 27,436 Korean missionaries from various denominations were serving in 170 countries.” Christianity has thrived and has made many follow the gospel.
Only one percent of the country’s population was Christian in 1885 and since then the number has grown drastically. Certain areas of South Korea has adopted morning prayer into their day. Although younger people growing up in the area has been turning away from religion it will continue to be on the rise.
- Black Candidates Making Significant Strides In 2018 Primary Elections
- Airline Industry Seems Unable To Clean Up Its Act When It Comes To Racism
- Don’t Believe The Myth That Black Fathers Are Not There For Their Children
- Home Where Rosa Parks Once Lived To Be Auctioned Off
- Black AT&T Warehouse Workers Refuse To Give Up Protest Over Boss Accused Of Making A Noose
- Kirk Franklin Reveals His Sister Has Been Sentenced To 30 Years In Prison
- David Clarke Retains Master’s Degree After Embarrassing Struggle To Correct Plagiarism
- Faith Walking: You Need What You Need, It Takes What It Takes [EXCLUSIVE VIDEO]
- Ne-Yo & Wife Crystal Smith Share Pics Of New Baby Boy!
- Mr. Griffin: “It Just Feels So Good To Be A Dad” [EXCLUSIVE VIDEO]
The History Of Black Athletes In The Winter Olympics
1. Black Olympians1 of 9
2. Tai Babilonia (Figure Skating)2 of 9
3. William “Willie” Davenport (Bobsledding)3 of 9
4. Debi Thomas (Ice Skating)4 of 9
5. Surya Bonaly (Figure Skating)5 of 9
6. Vonetta Flowers (Bobsledding)6 of 9
7. Jarome Iginla (Hockey)7 of 9
8. Shani Davis (Speedskating)8 of 9
9. The Women’s US Olympic Bobsled Team9 of 9
How South Korea Became One Of The Biggest Exporters Of The Gospel was originally published on GetUpErica.com