GRIFF discusses the challenges faced by people who suffer from abuse in church. Since that such trauma occurred to them in their church community, their abuser is someone their family knows and trusts. Consequently, people feel like they have to stay silent about the abuse. GRIFF breaks down how the surprising reason for that has more to do with feeling a desire to protect your loved ones, more than to keep the secret for ones own sake.
Then, GRIFF & Erica Campbell talk about how, as parents, they make sure such conditions don’t develop for their kids. She also details how her family made sure to teach her to decipher whether a situation was inappropriate or not. Click on the audio player to hear more in this exclusive clip from “Get Up! Mornings With Erica Campbell.”
Listen to “Get Up! Mornings With Erica Campbell” LIVE every weekday from 6/5am C.
- Premium Seats Are Sold Out! General Admission Is Going Fast — Get Your Tix Today!
- ‘HTGAWM’ Recap: Michaela Goes Rogue With Devastating Consequences
- ‘Scandal’ Recap: Cyrus Sets His Treacherous Gaze On The Gladiators
- Secure The Bag! Ava DuVernay Tapped To Direct DC Comics Movie ‘The New Gods’
- Snapchat Stock Plummets 5 Percent After Rihanna Blasted Them For Violent Ad
- GRIFF’s Prayer: For Kids That Have Experienced A Momma Melt Down [EXCLUSIVE]
- This Website Is Helping You Look Like A Fashionista For Spring
- Get Up Poll: What Are Your Favorite Phone Apps? [EXCLUSIVE]
- Michelle Obama Reveals What We Always Knew: The President Always Had Swag
- Vivian Green Gets By With Hope, Prayer And Her Miracle Son