Maranda Curtis is a beautiful gospel singer, worship leader and is opening up about how she got into the music business. Her parents were R&B singers and she never wanted to sing because she was shy. When her mom discovered her gift she encouraged her to sing.
Several years later she met Pastor John P. Kee and recorded her first song with him at the age of 23. Years later she became his worship leader at the church. Even though singing was her first choice she is so thankful that so many people were behind her to do it.
Listen to “Get Up! Mornings with Erica Campbell” 6am ET.
- WPZZ Praise 104.7 FM Nominated For A Stellar Award!
- Richmond Police Officer Fights Domestic Violence On The Streets Of RVA
- Tamika Mallory Shares How Her Parents Influenced Her Activism And How The Death Of Her Son’s Father Impacted Her Life
- Get Up! News Roundup: Kevin Hart To Star In Monopoly Game Movie, Women’s March In DC This Weekend & More
- Shaun King Speaks Out In Radio Interview: ‘If You Posted A Lie That Does Me Harm, This Is The Way We’ll Respond’
- What Does Gary Owen Really Think About Being Mistaken For Tommy Egan?
- Sony Music Finally Mutes R. Kelly, Dissolves Working Relationship With The Singer
- Man Fatally Shoots Estranged Wife And Injures Daughter Outside Church Before Turning Gun On Himself [VIDEO]
- Nurse Says God Put Her On A Certain Road To Save State Troopers Life
- Listen: Tasha Cobbs Preps New Music, “This Is A Move”
12 Gospel Artists Who Are Also Pastors [PHOTOS]
1. Marvin WinansSource: 1 of 12
2. William MurphySource: 2 of 12
3. Jason NelsonSource: 3 of 12
4. Deitrick HaddonSource: 4 of 12
5. Travis GreeneSource: 5 of 12
6. Warryn CampbellSource: 6 of 12
7. Kim BurrellSource: 7 of 12
8. Charles JenkinsSource: 8 of 12
9. Marvin SappSource: 9 of 12
10. Smokie NorfulSource: 10 of 12
11. William McDowellSource: 11 of 12
12. Shirley CaesarSource: 12 of 12
Maranda Curtis Talks Initially Not Having The Desire To Sing [EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW] was originally published on GetUpErica.com