April Harden is the church coordinator for Angel Tree Christmas. It’s an organization that helps families of incarcerated parents and brings the kids gifts. Many people don’t know, but over 2.7 million children have parents that are incarcerated.
April shared her story about how she went to prison from the ages of 17-20. She was caught drinking and driving and almost killed someone.
She mentioned that it was during that time in prison where she focused on God’s word. April got involved with Angel Tree Christmas when a woman brought over gifts to her kids when they found out the father of her children were in prison. April mentioned that her being in prison was her training in life.
She is still friends with the woman and spoke about how her kids were able to go to the summer camp. It is such a overwhelming feeling that a stranger helped her. She is so blessed and thankful for what God did for her as well as her family.
Listen to “Get Up! Mornings with Erica Campbell” 6am ET.
- John P. Kee and Sheilah Belle “The Belle” Headed to Greater Works Christian Fellowship 2nd Annual City Praise Family Fun Day
- The OFFICIAL Statement from the FAMILY on the Passing of Aretha Franklin
- Cathy Hughes, Founder and Chairperson of Urban One, Inc., Mourns The Death Of Aretha Franklin
- The Queen of Soul, Aretha Franklin, Makes Heaven Her Final Home
- Queen Of Soul Aretha Franklin Dies At Age 76
- AWARD-WINNING CHART TOPPER TRAVIS GREENE PRESENTS ENGAGE CULTURE WEEKEND AUGUST 17TH-19TH
- Global Superstar Nicki Minaj Returns To The “VMAs” For A Special Remote Performance
- THIS WEEK ON “WE’RE THE CAMPBELLS”….
- Music Legend & Icon Aretha Franklin “Gravely Ill”
- Grammy® Winner Tamela Mann and NAACP Image Award-Winning Comedian David Mann Announce Family Tour Dates
Latice Crawford At The 2017 Prayer Breakfast
1.1 of 13
2.2 of 13
3.3 of 13
4.4 of 13
5.5 of 13
6.6 of 13
7.7 of 13
8.8 of 13
9.9 of 13
10.10 of 13
11.11 of 13
12.12 of 13
13.13 of 13
April Harden Shares How She Used Her Incarceration As Training [EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW] was originally published on GetUpErica.com