April Harden is the church coordinator for Angel Tree Christmas. It’s an organization that helps families of incarcerated parents and brings the kids gifts. Many people don’t know, but over 2.7 million children have parents that are incarcerated.
April shared her story about how she went to prison from the ages of 17-20. She was caught drinking and driving and almost killed someone.
She mentioned that it was during that time in prison where she focused on God’s word. April got involved with Angel Tree Christmas when a woman brought over gifts to her kids when they found out the father of her children were in prison. April mentioned that her being in prison was her training in life.
She is still friends with the woman and spoke about how her kids were able to go to the summer camp. It is such a overwhelming feeling that a stranger helped her. She is so blessed and thankful for what God did for her as well as her family.
Listen to “Get Up! Mornings with Erica Campbell” 6am ET.
- Black Music Month: Donnie McClurkin
- Here’s Why A Black Man Quit Working For A Migrant Child Detention Center
- What Warryn & Erica Campbell’s Friends Think About “We’re The Campbells” [VIDEO]
- The Smithsonian’s Oprah Exhibit Is About So Much More Than Oprah
- Ericaism: I’m Grateful For My Life [EXCLUSIVE VIDEO]
- Here’s How California Is Trying To Stop Excessive Force Killings By Police
- The History Of Juneteenth [EXCLUSIVE]
- 6 TV Shows On Our Summer DVR List This Season
- The Future of Student Debt For Black People Is Looking Brighter: Here’s Why
- Did Trump Just Desecrate The American Flag? Maybe He Thought It Was A Blonde Porn Star
Latice Crawford At The 2017 Prayer Breakfast
1.1 of 13
2.2 of 13
3.3 of 13
4.4 of 13
5.5 of 13
6.6 of 13
7.7 of 13
8.8 of 13
9.9 of 13
10.10 of 13
11.11 of 13
12.12 of 13
13.13 of 13
April Harden Shares How She Used Her Incarceration As Training [EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW] was originally published on GetUpErica.com