The topic of depression and suicide is still being discussed and one caller wanted to know how he can help a loved one that needs counseling. Dr. Ramel Smith mentioned to the caller that maybe he can bring her to the doctor. Sometimes people that are dealing with certain issues need encouragement to address mental health issues or be diagnosed.
If this doesn’t work then reach out to someone the person has trust in and have them speak about it. Dr. Ramel Smith talked about how having an eye on the person sometimes helps because you are watching them isolate themselves and more. When that happens it can become a snowball and things could possibly get worse. Remember to check on your loved ones and help them if you can.
Listen to “Get Up! Mornings with Erica Campbell” 6am ET.
- Mobile Text Club
- Nominate The Pastor of the Month
- Newsletter Sign-Up
- Jennifer Carroll Foy Picks Up Two Major Endorsements in Virginia Governor Race
- Proposed Texas Law Based on ‘Big Lie’ Advances Out of Committee, Voting Rights Organizers Fight Back
- Partial Ban On No Knock Warrants Signed Into Kentucky Law After Bipartisan Compromise
- The Bible Is Black History: Dr. Theron D. Williams Discusses The Correlation Between The Bible & Black History
- Marvin Sapp Launched A New Entertainment Company & He’s Looking For Talent! [EXCLUSIVE]
- Virginia Governor Who Once Wore Blackface Endorses Former Gov. Terry McAuliffe To Replace Him
- Justin Fairfax’s Problematic Comparison To Emmett Till, George Floyd Doesn’t Fly
- More Than A Historic First, Tishaura Jones’ Win Shows the Power of Building With Community
- Ben Tankard Drops Another Musical Masterpiece – SHINE! Ben Tankard’s SHINE!
- T.D. Jakes Convenes Top Women in Business, Government and Nonprofit at Global Meeting
Black Women In Hollywood Who Battled Depression [PHOTOS]
1. Willow SmithSource: 1 of 9
2. Keri HilsonSource: 2 of 9
3. Kerry WashingtonSource: 3 of 9
4. Michelle WilliamsSource: 4 of 9
5. Kelly RowlandSource: 5 of 9
6. Mary J. BligeSource: 6 of 9
7. Alicia KeysSource: 7 of 9
8. Serena WilliamsSource: 8 of 9
9. Halle BerrySource: 9 of 9
How To Help A Loved One Who May Need Counseling [EXCLUSIVE] was originally published on getuperica.com