Twitter and so many others stood behind Serena Williams after the French Open decided to ban catsuits from the game. Serena came out in her Nike designed catsuit, which was made to help from her developing blood clots. Many believe that people were hating on Serena’s body and it’s wrong to make her out as an example.
Another tennis player had on a white one and she wasn’t called out for it. Nike continues to stand by Serena saying that they can take the superhero out the suit, but can’t take away her super powers. Serena also mentioned that the outfit made her feel like the queen of Wakanda.
Listen to “Get Up! Mornings with Erica Campbell” 6am ET.
- Breast Cancer Awareness Month with Miss Community Clo & Allison Breast Center
- What’s Next In The Laquan McDonald Shooting Case? Here’s Everything We Know
- Ericaism: Let Go Of The Baggage [EXCLUSIVE]
- Angie Stone & Q Parker Speak On How God Helped Them Find Their Purpose [EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW]
- Sarah Huckabee Sanders Gets Complaint Filed Against Her Because Of Kanye West Photo
- Carvin Winans Releases New Single “Once In A Lifetime” [AUDIO]
- Here’s How Black Candidates Are Using Activism To Dominate Key Races And Win For Cities
- Michelle Williams Shares A Piece Of Her Life In The First Look At “Chad Loves Michelle” [VIDEO]
- For Black People, Voting Is Just The Beginning Of The Work
- GOP Contender Seeking Al Franken’s Senate Seat Called Michelle Obama A ‘Chimp’
Why It Was Wrong For The French Open To Ban Catsuits [EXCLUSIVE] was originally published on GetUpErica.com