In life sometimes it can be hard to extend forgiveness to people. Kirk Franklin in his music sings about the love he has for God and recently got very candid about his relationship with his biological parents. In a touching Instagram post, Franklin was pictured with his biological father and told fans that he was given up for adoption by his parents.
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
He said, “Two days ago, I received an anonymous call that my biological father, who I never knew, has 3-6 months to live. I’ve lived my entire life hating this man. He and my biological mother gave me up for adoption, and it left me never feeling good enough….to this very day. I took my hate for him and used it as fuel to be the best father I could be for my own. But what I did wrong, is I never took that fuel, and turn it into forgiveness….and that is wrong.”
RELATED: Why Kirk Franklin Wanted Tori Kelly To Come To Texas To Work On Her Album [EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW]
In the post the gospel singer spoke about going to Houston to visit his biological father and forgiving him. Franklin is asking fans to pray for him as well as his father. We are so thankful that Franklin shared his story and will continue to keep his family in our prayers.
RELATED: Kirk Franklin, Tori Kelly & More To Perform At Dove Awards 2018
RELATED: Tori Kelly Announces Release Of Album Produced By Kirk Franklin
- Pastor of the Month: Pastor Nicole Bradley at The City Church of RVA
- Interview with Our Pastor of the Month Bishop T.A. Mason Jr
- Mobile Text Club
- Funeral Details Set For Cyrus Carmack-Belton As Killer’s Violent Past Surfaces
- Jessie Maple, 1st Black Woman To Write And Produce Full-Length Independent Film, Dies
- The Entrance To New Opportunities | Dr. Willie Jolley
- 1971: Bill Withers Releases His Debut Album ‘Just As I Am’ | Black Music Month
- Maryland, 15 Year Old Fugitive, “Baby K”, Arrested and Charged as an Adult
- Erica Campbell Is Pretty In Pink In Her New Video For “Feel Alright (Blessed)”
- Store Owner Killing Black Teen Mirrors The Worst Stereotypes In Black-Asian Relations
- Kansas Man Charged For Threatening Black Folks With A Gun At A Wichita Gas Station
- Adversity Can Create Colossal Opportunities | Dr. Willie Jolley
- Erica Campbell To Visit Seven Lucky Churches On ‘The Feel Alright Tour’
Kirk Franklin Finally Meets His Biological Father, Who’s Fighting To Stay Alive [PHOTO] was originally published on getuperica.com