Rodrick Deshun Arkeith Elliott is being sent to a state hospital by a judge after saying God told him to commit murder. According to KLTV, Elliot was arrested in May of a woman named, Sandy Smith. Smith was found stabbed and later died at the hospital.
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
In the affidavit it said that the day before the incident a Black man walked up to Smith’s door to ask her for a light. Smith’s mother believes the man also walked around the neighborhood talking to several different people. Witnesses claim they heard Elliot on the phone speaking with someone.
He allegedly said, “Would you still love me if I killed someone?” Police were able to locate Elliot’s girlfriend and she mentioned that she had saw her boyfriend two hours prior. Detectives found Elliot after playing basketball at the court. During questioning officers spotted a cut on one of his fingers as well as what appeared to be blood on one of his shoes. Elliot’s girlfriend later demonstrated how he showed her he killed Smith.
- Mobile Text Club
- Nominate The Pastor of the Month
- Newsletter Sign-Up
- Prep for Success: Drive-Thru School Supply Giveaway Aug 14th
- GOP Candidate Copies Sen. Raphael Warnock’s ‘I Love Puppies’ Ad
- Biden Administration Says Infrastructure Deal Prioritizes The Black Community
- Rep. Cori Bush Calls Inaction On Eviction Moratorium A ‘Moral Failure’
- Nina Turner Makes Her Case For Congress: ‘People Just Want To Live’
- Congress Goes On Vacation To Their Homes As Evictions Start Back Up
- Jekalyn Carr Launches Her Beauty Biz With New Fragrance For Women
- If Black Media Doesn’t Tell The Truth About This Nation, It Won’t Be Told
- Russ Parr Reflects On Life In Radio Amidst Nomination For Radio Hall Of Fame
- Capitol Police Officer Harry Dunn Testifies He’d Never Been Called N-Word In Uniform Until Jan. 6: ‘Is This America?’