In preparation of Hurricane Michael, Governor Northam has declared a state of emergency in the Commonwealth of Virginia. As a result, Richmond Public Schools and public offices closed early today.
According to NBC 12, Northam moved to declare a state of emergency in Virginia in order to secure assistance to aid in the possible devastation of the storm.
Don’t Miss The Latest In Entertainment, News, and More! Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
Be advised that central Virginia is under a tornado watch until 9pm.
For the latest on the storm:
Text “Kiss” To 23845 for your chance at ticket giveaways and news before anyone else!…Standard Messaging Rates Apply
For the Latest Entertainment News:Follow @kissrichmond
Photos: Hurricane Michael Slams Into The Florida Panhandle As Southeast US Braces
1. Category 4 storm, and counting1 of 9
2. Florida’s PanhandleSource:Getty 2 of 9
3. Orange Beach/Gulf Shores3 of 9
4. Apalachicola, Florida4 of 9
5. Florida’s Panhandle RegionSource:Getty 5 of 9
6. Rock Landing, Florida (near Panacea)6 of 9
7. Florida’s PanhandleSource:Getty 7 of 9
8. Florida’s PanhandleSource:Getty 8 of 9
9. Panama City BeachSource:Getty 9 of 9
- Keith Ellison’s Political Opponents Are Trying Every Trick In The Book To Beat Him
- GRIFF’s Prayer: Discovering Words That Can Be Used Internationally [VIDEO]
- Trump Administration Gives Saudis A Pass On Likely Killing Of Muslim Journalist
- Retired Minister Could Possibly Be Evicted For Holding Bible Study In His Apartment
Governor Northam Declares State Of Emergency In Virginia was originally published on kissrichmond.com