In April, Christian writer and speaker, Rachel Held Evans was hospitalized with the flu as well as a UTI and then suffered an allergic reaction to antibodies. According to WishTV, her husband, Dan Evans mentioned that she began to experience seizures and doctors decided to put her in a medically induced coma.
For two weeks she remained in that coma. Doctors tried to wean her off the medication and things got worse.
Text “ERICA”to 52140 to join the Get Up! Mornings w/ Erica Campbell mobile club for exclusive news. (Terms and conditions).
Her medical team while examining her found swelling on her brain.
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
This past weekend, Rachel died at the age of 37.
She became a best-selling author after writing “A Year of Biblical Womanhood.” Reports state that her other books explored faith as well as doubt from the perspective of Christian fundamentalism.
President Barack Obama in 2012 chose Rachel to be part of his President’s Advisory Council on Faith-Based and Neighborhood Partnerships.
Evans is survived by her husband and two young children. We will continue to keep her family and friends in our prayers.
Celebrities Who Died In 2019
1. Kristoff St. JohnSource:Getty 1 of 5
2. James IngramSource:Getty 2 of 5
3. Fatima AliSource:Getty 3 of 5
4. Carol ChanningSource:WENN 4 of 5
5. MLB Hall of Famer Frank RobinsonSource:WENN 5 of 5
ALSO TRENDING ON GETUPERICA.COM:
- UPDATE: Meghan Markle Gives Birth to Prince Harry’s First Child
- Reunited? Michelle Williams And Chad Johnson Seen Together At The Kentucky Derby
- Philando Castile’s Mom Donates $8,000 To Settle Lunch Debt Preventing HS Seniors From Graduating
Christian Writer, Rachel Held Evans, Passes Away At 37 was originally published on getuperica.com