Media mogul Oprah Winfrey is on a press tour for her forthcoming book, Path Made Clear, and hinted at a possible reboot of her iconic talk series, “The Oprah Winfrey Show.”
Oprah’s talk show ran from 1986-2011 and covered the gamut of topics from hard hitting news, celeb gossip to lifestyle and inspiration. During its almost three decade run, the show won numerous awards including Emmys, People’s Choice Awards and NAACP Image awards. It appears Ms. Winfrey misses something about her daily time slot that made her a staple in American households.
Text “ERICA”to 52140 to join the Get Up! Mornings w/ Erica Campbell mobile club for exclusive news. (Terms and conditions).
When asked about a possible revamp of the show during her press interviews, Oprah said, “I would love to make that happen, let me tell you. But maybe not every day. For 25 years, it was perfect.”
Looks like the seasoned journalist misses being in the action of breaking news.
“The only time I missed it was during the election or when something really big happens in the news. I think, ‘Oh gee, I wish I had a show.’”
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
Even though Oprah’s brand has extended beyond the show into a TV network, tv shows, podcasts and even frozen food, in the beginning of her career, she had to make the brave choice to risk it all to win big.
Oprah spoke on the moment she knew she had to take a leap. “My path became clear the moment, I remember it actually, when I flew into Chicago. I thought, ‘If the show isn’t successful, then I’m going to go into advertising or I’m gonna do something else.’ I remember thinking, ‘I’m gonna find a way to make this my home.’”
Luckily, Oprah didn’t have to move into advertising. Instead she built a media empire that has employed thousands and impacted millions of people worldwide. Even though her wings have spread beyond her roots, it would be amazing to see her go back to the beginning.
This story was originally posted on madamenoire.com.
14 Amazing Photos Of Oprah Winfrey’s Hair Over The Years
1. Global Citizen Festival: Mandela 100 - ShowSource:Getty 1 of 13
2. The classic '70s layered look.Source:Getty 2 of 13
3. The bigger her career got, the bigger her hair.Source:Getty 3 of 13
4. She brought the '90s in with style...and fringe.Source:Getty 4 of 13
5. Boss bangs and buoyancy.Source:Getty 5 of 13
6. Looks like Oprah rocked the chic bowl cut before RiRi became known for it.Source:Getty 6 of 13
7. Queen O's hair is full of life.Source:Getty 7 of 13
8. Tamed golden curls are her go-to look.Source:Getty 8 of 13
9. This elegant curly updo works for Oprah, the actress.Source:Getty 9 of 13
10. Nothing's better than having a little bounce in your curl. A lot in Oprah's case.Source:Getty 10 of 13
11. The media mogul's 'fro is on fleek.Source:Getty 11 of 13
12. Locks fit for a Queen.Source:Getty 12 of 13
13. Her straightened push-back is laid to the gods.Source:Getty 13 of 13
ALSO TRENDING ON GETUPERICA.COM:
- Little Boy Wants To Know Why Passenger Has ‘Her Stinky Feet’ On His Seat [VIDEO]
- #SayHerName: Chicago Mother Of Five Killed By Walgreens Manager Pretending To Be Police
- Ciara Responds To Backlash From Christians Over Appearance In Taylor Swift’s Video
- Marvin Sapp Stepping Down From Church In Michigan To Lead Texas Church
Oprah Teased The Possibility Of Rebooting Her Iconic Talk Show was originally published on getuperica.com