In RVA, all eyes are on the Navy Hill Development Project, a proposal introduced by the NHDC (NH District Corp) and Mayor Levar Stoney to revive a 10-block radius of downtown Richmond. The documents include plans to redevelop the area ultimately creating new jobs, affordable housing, additional revenue and other opportunities, like the construction of a state-of-the-art arena.
On Monday Richmond City Council members asked Mayor Stoney to withdraw the Navy Hill proposal and to essentially restart the process by having interested parties submit new proposals on what to do with the city-owned land in downtown Richmond.
Mayor Levar Stoney took to Twitter to express his disappointment.
Don’t Miss The Latest In Entertainment, News, and More! Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
Text “Praise” To 71007 for your chance at ticket giveaways and news before anyone else!…Standard Messaging Rates Apply
For the Latest Entertainment News:Follow @‘praiserichmond’
- Mobile Text Club
- Nominate The Pastor of the Month
- Sign-Up For Praise 104.7′s VIP Club Newsletter!
- Senate Nominee Cheri Beasley Beats Back Republican Attacks
- Deitrick Haddon Talks “Here Comes The Joy,” Preachers Of L.A. Reboot
- DeVon Franklin Talks ‘It Takes A Woman’ & ‘Kingdom Business’
- Eric Reed Tries To Distance Himself From Sexist Kamala Harris Tweet
City Council Members Urge Mayor Stoney To Withdraw Navy Hill Proposal was originally published on kissrichmond.com