Andre Hill is the owner and operator of four McDonald’s in the Columbus’ metro area and had the idea that Black History Month was the perfect time to be an example of unity in the community. So it was only a natural fit that he called his friend Chris Morris, who is also a successful entrepreneur of a clothing company called The Dirt Label, to collaborate on a project to celebrate.
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
The two businesses came together to form a fun and uplifting event at one of Hills restaurants with the theme ‘Unity History in the Making’. Morris designed a shirt that encompassed both the entrepreneur’s vision of positivity for society. Hill stated, “We felt like it was important to have a collaboration that speaks to business, to empowerment, speaks to positivity, we believe that we need to perpetuate that and not the negative stuff that the media tries to portray about us when we aren’t allowed to tell our own story.”
At the event, there were lots of giveaways, including custom gear by The Dirt Label, McDonald’s prizes and a live broadcast from Radio One’s Power 107.5/106.3. President Pro-Tempore of Columbus City Council Elizabeth C. Brown and Franklin County Commissioner Kevin Boyce were in attendance along with many others from the community.
The Hill family employs over 300 people of color throughout their franchises. The Dirt Label is a Michigan based business and was established in 2006.
- Pastor of the Month: Pastor Nicole Bradley at The City Church of RVA
- Interview with Our Pastor of the Month Bishop T.A. Mason Jr
- Mobile Text Club
- Funeral Details Set For Cyrus Carmack-Belton As Killer’s Violent Past Surfaces
- Jessie Maple, 1st Black Woman To Write And Produce Full-Length Independent Film, Dies
- The Entrance To New Opportunities | Dr. Willie Jolley
- 1971: Bill Withers Releases His Debut Album ‘Just As I Am’ | Black Music Month
- Maryland, 15 Year Old Fugitive, “Baby K”, Arrested and Charged as an Adult
- Erica Campbell Is Pretty In Pink In Her New Video For “Feel Alright (Blessed)”
- Store Owner Killing Black Teen Mirrors The Worst Stereotypes In Black-Asian Relations
- Kansas Man Charged For Threatening Black Folks With A Gun At A Wichita Gas Station
- Adversity Can Create Colossal Opportunities | Dr. Willie Jolley
- Erica Campbell To Visit Seven Lucky Churches On ‘The Feel Alright Tour’
Black McDonalds Franchise Owners Collaborate with The Dirt Label for Black History Month was originally published on mycolumbuspower.com
10 Easy Bible Memory Verses For Kids
What Does It Mean To Be Equally Yoked?
Bishop Noel Jones Proposes to Longtime Lady Love Loretta after being together for 28 Years
5 Books Of The Bible Every Woman Should Read: Ruth
Word For The Day - Double For Your Trouble
The 8th Annual Black Music Honors, Presented by Procter & Gamble, Set to Showcase the Best of Black Music With Stellar Performances by Tama Braxton, Anthony Hamilton, Tina Campbell, Robin Thicke, and More!
Pastor of the Month: Pastor Nicole Bradley at The City Church of RVA
Word For The Day - The Fruit Of Your Words