UVA’s Mike Hollins, a shooting survivor, returns stronger after tragic events. While football takes a back seat, his eagerness for the upcoming season remains strong. The emotional spring game marked his comeback, bringing inspiration to his teammates. Hollins, a survivor of a November shooting that claimed three lives, overcame injuries, surgeries, and rehab.
The team and community felt the impact, leading to canceled games. Despite initial restrictions, Hollins’ triumphant touchdown brought liberation from haunting memories. His resilience, praised by roommate Perris Jones, drives them to honor fallen friends by playing.
Their objective: a poignant tribute through performance. Hollins faces Tennessee on September 2, carrying remembrance and purpose. Stepping back on the field becomes a healing path to honor their legacy.
source: The DMV Daily
- WORDS FROM Sheilah Belle, Put the Phone Down!
- Virginia State University Makes History As The First HBCU In The Country Selected To Host A General Election Presidential Debate
- Pharrell’s Black Ambition Non-Profit Awarded Over $3 Million To Entrepreneurs During 3rd Annual Demo Day
- Virginia Teen’s Cancer Treatment Soap Earns National Science Prize
- Radio One Richmond RVP Marsha Landess Issues Statement On Comments Heard On 99.5 The Box Richmond
- Former Police Chief Alfred Durham In Favor Of Richmond Grand Resort and Casino
- Let’s Talk About The Richmond Grand Resort and Casino!
- Fatal Three-Vehicle Collision Throws Motorcyclist, Resulting In Casualty
- Know Before You Go! Dos and Donts For The Richmond Grand All Day Party
- Register Today! The Richmond Grand All Day Party Coming Oct 28
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Content in Your Inbox:
UVA Shooting Survivor Michael Hollins Makes Insiring Return For New Football Season was originally published on ipowerrichmond.com
10 Easy Bible Memory Verses For Kids
Kirk Franklin Release New Album FATHER’S DAY
Bishop Carlton D. Pearson Dies At 70 After Battle With Cancer
Bishop Noel Jones Proposes to Longtime Lady Love Loretta after being together for 28 Years
Jekalyn Carr Announces Long Awaited New Self-Titled Album! New Album out Friday, October 20th
How To Live A Full Life | Dr. Willie Jolley
The Group Fire Talks New Christmas EP, Teases A Deluxe Edition For 2024
Tamron Hall Helps LRA Spread Lupus Awareness At NYC Gala, Says “No One Should Feel Betrayed By Their Own Body”