Former Baltimore Ravens and St. Louis Rams football player Jason Brown is proof that you can do anything you set your mind to with hard work and determination.
A University of North Carolina grad too, Brown gave up his multimillion dollar football career in 2012 to start farming. He didn’t have a farmers background, but thanks to the internet, YouTube videos taught him how to grow crops.
Want news at your fingertips? Text “MAGIC” to 23845 to join our text club!
The idea was birthed when he turned 27-year-old and assessed his life’s purpose, reflecting on how his brother died at the same age serving the U.S. military in Afghanistan. His brother’s heroic memory inspired him to want to “serve” as well. Hunger relief charity became his new passion.
Fast forward to 2016, Brown now spends his time harvesting food on his 1,000-acre “First Fruits Farm” in eastern North Carolina. This year he grew over 250,000 pounds of sweet potatoes on his land, where the first harvest was donated to families in need.
Press play up top to hear his story!
- 10 Reasons Why We’ll Always Be Thankful For First Lady Michelle Obama
- Janet Jackson Spotted With Growing Baby Bump [PHOTOS]
- 55-Year-Old Father Makes History By Becoming Oldest College Football Player
The Latest Music, Celebrities and Interviews: Follow @magicbaltimore
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
19 Celebrity Foodies You Love
1. Jourdan Dunn1 of 19
2. Kourtney Kardashian2 of 19
3. June AmbroseSource:Instagram 3 of 19
4. Chrissy TeigenSource:Instagram 4 of 19
5. KelisSource:Instagram 5 of 19
6. KelisSource:Instagram 6 of 19
7. OprahSource:Instagram 7 of 19
8. OprahSource:Instagram 8 of 19
9. Ayesha CurrySource:Instagram 9 of 19
10. Ayesha CurrySource:Instagram 10 of 19
11. Tamar BraxtonSource:Instagram 11 of 19
12. Tamar BraxtonSource:Instagram 12 of 19
13. 2 ChainzSource:Instagram 13 of 19
14. 2 ChainzSource:Instagram 14 of 19
15. Tia Mowry-HardrictSource:Instagram 15 of 19
16. Tia Mowry-HardrictSource:Instagram 16 of 19
17. Angela SimmonsSource:Instagram 17 of 19
18. Angela SimmonsSource:Instagram 18 of 19
19. John LegendSource:Instagram 19 of 19
Former NFL Player Jason Brown Grows Over 250K Pounds Of Food For Families In Need [VIDEO] was originally published on magicbaltimore.com