Reps have finally confirmed reports that singer Chrisette Michele will perform at the Inauguration Ball for incoming President Donald Trump, and mixed among the backlash she’s been receiving is a rare voice of support.
Through her “Fam in the Morning” show on Washington DC’s WKYS, fellow R&B singer Lil Mo got emotional while defending her good friend, comparing Michele’s treatment to the condemnation of Jesus Christ and stressing that Michele has always been about love.
“When a person like a Chrisette, who’s a friend of mine, who’s put more money in my pocket than some of the people who owe me money….the way I saw her being attacked on social media, I took it personal,” said Mo.
She then read a message from Michele on her phone: “She was like, ‘If anyone wants to know, I am in a good space. God is so much greater and hopefully there will be a chance to be the salt and the light. It’s my only responsibility on this planet.’”
Behind the Scenes at The Willie Moore Jr. Show [PHOTOS]
1. The Manns1 of 11
2. Willie Moore with Evelyn Lozada and her daughter2 of 11
3. Mary Mary and Willie3 of 11
4. No Malice and Willie4 of 11
5. Willie and Jennifer Williams5 of 11
6. William Mcdowell6 of 11
7. The Hairstons7 of 11
8. Dr. Ian Smith with Willie Moore Jr.8 of 11
9. The Walls Group stopped by!9 of 11
10. Willie Moore with the "Growing up Hip-Hop" cast10 of 11
11. Willie Moore with the Ron Carter Academy11 of 11
Lil Mo Says She Supports Chrisette Michele Despite Inauguration Backlash was originally published on blackamericaweb.com