This day 33 years ago, Michael Jackson was faced (no pun intended) with a terrifying accident caught on camera.
On January 27, 1984, the King of Pop was shooting a commercial for Pepsi when his hair caught on fire. From the looks of the video, it seems he didn’t know his hair had lit up until he danced down the stage stairs. There, his crew rushed towards him with fire extinguishers and pat him down.
Want news at your fingertips? Text “MAGIC” to 23845 to join our text club!
The fire was caused by sparks from a pyrotechnic explosion on the set that fell into his hair and – surely, with a combination of 80s hair products – stirred up the flames.
MJ, who was 25 at the time, was rushed to Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles where he was treated for third-degree burns. See more photos below.
- Janet Jackson Gives Birth to Baby Boy
- Lifetime Announces Michael Jackson Biopic
- Paris Jackson Is All Grown Up, Poses With Prom Date
The Latest Music, Celebrities and Interviews: Follow @‘magicbaltimore’
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
‘Remember the Time’ Michael Jackson’s Hair Caught On Fire? [GRAPHIC PHOTOS] was originally published on magicbaltimore.com
10 Easy Bible Memory Verses For Kids
Kirk Franklin Release New Album FATHER’S DAY
Bishop Noel Jones Proposes to Longtime Lady Love Loretta after being together for 28 Years
Bishop Carlton D. Pearson Dies At 70 After Battle With Cancer
Jekalyn Carr Announces Long Awaited New Self-Titled Album! New Album out Friday, October 20th
How To Live A Full Life | Dr. Willie Jolley
The Group Fire Talks New Christmas EP, Teases A Deluxe Edition For 2024
Radio One General Promotional Rules