Listeners know her as “The Belle” and last year was told by doctors that she had breast cancer after a mammogram.
Belle told WTVR, “I remember walking out of there almost in a daze. Not thinking why me, but trying to understand. I’ve been hit with this and I have to figure out how to deal with this.”
During this time she thought about her mother who died of bone cancer and knew she had to beat this.
Belle had to stay faithful and trusted in God to help her make it through. She only told her immediate family members and friends about what she was going through, but then the doctor had more bad news for her.
After going through chemotherapy Belle was told she had MRSA and a blood infection.
As one infection heeled she then went back to chemo and had to have a lumpectomy to remove a small piece of a tumor.
Belle heard back news from the doctor, “She said we got your test results back and you look good. We don’t see cancer, you’re done with all your cancer treatments.”
Nearly four days later after being happy about the news a tumor was found in her dog Mojo and he passed away.
A couple weeks later “The Belle” rang a bell which signifies the end of radiation treatments and she said, “You’re going to have to trust God and believe that if he’s really called you to do something, you better believe that thang and hold on.”
Don’t Miss The Latest In Entertainment, News, and More! Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
Text “Praise” To 71007 for your chance at ticket giveaways and news before anyone else!…Standard Messaging Rates Apply
For the Latest Entertainment News:Follow @praiserichmond
11 Celebrities Who’ve Battled Cancer
1. Sophia VergaraSource: 1 of 11
2. Angelina JolieSource: 2 of 11
3. Leah StillSource: 3 of 11
4. Big AngSource: 4 of 11
5. Hugh JackmanSource: 5 of 11
6. Brandi MaxielleSource: 6 of 11
7. Robin RobertsSource: 7 of 11
8. Stuart ScottSource: 8 of 11
9. Giuliana RancicSource: 9 of 11
10. Taylor Swift’s mom, Andrea Swift.Source: 10 of 11
11. Diem BrownSource: 11 of 11
- “One on One” Creator, Notable Television Writer & Producer Eunetta T. Boone Dead At 63
- Charlottesville Public Schools Closed For Two Days After Racist Threats Online
- 5-Year-Old Boy Dies After Being Crushed By Table At Church [VIDEO]
- Church Asking For Donations After Stain Glass Windows Were Damaged By Vandalism
Sheliah Belle Talks About Her Emotional Journey Battling Breast Cancer [VIDEO] was originally published on GetUpErica.com