In 2004, Mel Gibson released the movie “The Passion of the Christ.” According to Vox, the sequel to the movie will be made and Jim Caviezel, who played Jesus will reprise his role. In an interview he said, “The film he’s going to do is going to be the biggest film in history. It’s that good.”
Gibson faced many challenges at first with the film, but ended up making over $370 million in the box office in the United States. The movie is one of the highest-grossing R-rated films and churches rented out theaters to show watch the film. The sequel will also face certain challenges because multiple films have been made to appeal to audiences of different faiths.
The sequel might show the time between his death and resurrection. Caviezal said, “There are things that I cannot say that will shock the audience.” There is no word on when the film will be out, but some are looking forward to it.
- GRIFF’s Prayer: Stuck On The Elevator [VIDEO]
- Faith Walking: Turn The Light On [VIDEO]
- Watch: Tasha Cobbs Leonard NPR Tiny Desk Concert [VIDEO]
- Houston Texans Quarterback Deshaun Watson Baptized In Israel’s Jordan River
- James Fortune Releases New Single & Preps Lyric Video For “I Am”
- Erica Campbell, Jonathan McReynolds & More Play Game To Guess Gospel Artists Runs [VIDEO]
- Listen: Dee-1 & Jonathan McReynolds Team Up For New Song, “The One”
- Tasha Cobbs Leonard Performs On NPR’S Tiny Desk Concert
- Eva Marcille Shares She’s Having A Baby Boy
- RCA Inspiration Hails A Win at the 2019 BET Awards With the Dr. Bobby Jones Best Gospel/Inspirational Award for Snoop Dogg’s “Blessing Me Again”