Charmaine Pruitt had not attended church since the fall of 2016. She decided to leave after realizing a lot of the people at her church supported Donald Trump. Pruitt believed that he was not a good candidate and thought he was racist. Since that day, Pruitt has not attended church on a regular basis. According to The New York Times, she first joined a mega church in Dallas then was drawn to Pastor Robert Morris of Gateway Church, who was on television.
At that time she said, “This is what I need right now.” While going to an orientation program at church she quickly learned that members knew a lot about her such as when she didn’t attend service, ask about her family and much more. The congregation was mostly White and the two satellite campuses pastors were two Black men.
When the election came close Pruitt began to learn that her pastor although would never say, “Vote for Trump,” hinted at it all the time. He talked about how taxes pay for abortions, spoke about people trying to change the Constitution and other things she wasn’t quite comfortable hearing a pastor say. That day Pruitt decided to stop attending and let some of the church members know. She felt uneasy and one of the women even sent her a letter saying, “The Spirit of God says, ‘I have chosen this man, Donald Trump, for such a time as this.’” Pruitt never went back and now continues to pick names out of a Ziploc bag of churches she wants to attend on Sunday. To read more of this story, click here.
RELATED: Erica Campbell Explains Why Ministry Shouldn’t Stop At Your Church [EXCLUSIVE]
RELATED: Church Hurt: How To Begin The Healing Process [EXCLUSIVE]
RELATED: Why Church Hurt Sufferers Might Protect Their Abusers [EXCLUSIVE]
- Interview with Our Pastor of the Month Bishop T.A. Mason Jr
- Mobile Text Club
- Sign-Up For Praise 104.7′s VIP Club Newsletter!
- Jonathan Majors’ Lawyer Shares Evidence, Says It Will Clear Actor After Assault Arrest
- Rep. Byron Donalds Says Don’t ‘Get Into Emotion’ Over Nashville School Shooting When Asked About Guns
- Women of the Bible: Rizpah
- Read Kamala Harris’ Moving Speech From Cape Coast Castle, Ghana’s Historic Slave Trading Post
- Women of the Bible: Jochebed
- Loud And Factually Wrong Fox News Contributor Blames Unlocked ‘Side Door’ For School Shooting In Nashville
- Wizards’ Guard Bradley Beal Under Police Investigation After Fan Altercation in Orlando
- GoFundMe For Irvo Otieno Slow To Gain Traction As Family Prepares For Funeral
- ‘We’re Not Rich Over Here’ Family Pleads With Haitian Gang For Release Of US Couple
- Good News Equals Great Results | Dr. Willie Jolley
Why One Black Woman Decided To Leave The White Evangelical Church was originally published on getuperica.com
10 Easy Bible Memory Verses For Kids
What Does It Mean To Be Equally Yoked?
Bishop Noel Jones Proposes to Longtime Lady Love Loretta after being together for 28 Years
5 Books Of The Bible Every Woman Should Read: Ruth
Interview with Our Pastor of the Month Bishop T.A. Mason Jr
Word For The Day - Double For Your Trouble
Mother's Day Celebration at Saint Paul's Baptist Church
15th Pastoral Anniversary “Kicks & Giggles” at Cedar Street Baptist Church of God