The American Music Awards were live last night from the Microsoft Theater in LA. Tracee Ellis Ross was the host and Erica Campbell as well as her sister, Tina Campbell were in attendance to give a tribute to Aretha Franklin. Erica spoke about what an amazing time it was meeting different artists, watching performances and singing for God.
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
Producers of the show were going to get other singers to perform, but one remembered that Franklin always closed her shows with a gospel song and that’s exactly what they wanted. They gathered CeCe Winans, Ledisi, Mary Mary, Donnie McClurkin and Rickey Minor to give an unforgettable performance.
Erica talked about a moment she had with Cardi B on the red carpet. The rapper was very nervous and Erica grabbed her hand and said I’m praying for you. Cardi B mentioned to Erica that she felt better with Erica being close and then said a curse, but Erica ended it by saying, “God bless you,” to her.
Make sure you listen to “Get Up! Mornings with Erica Campbell” 6am ET.
- Mobile Text Club
- Nominate The Pastor of the Month
- Newsletter Sign-Up
- Nina Turner Makes Her Case For Congress: ‘People Just Want To Live’
- Congress Goes On Vacation To Their Homes As Evictions Start Back Up
- Jekalyn Carr Launches Her Beauty Biz With New Fragrance For Women
- If Black Media Doesn’t Tell The Truth About This Nation, It Won’t Be Told
- Russ Parr Reflects On Life In Radio Amidst Nomination For Radio Hall Of Fame
- Capitol Police Officer Harry Dunn Testifies He’d Never Been Called N-Word In Uniform Until Jan. 6: ‘Is This America?’
- Travis Greene & Anthony Hamilton Give Praise In Style With Music Video For “Oil & Water”
- Whitney Houston’s Hologram Is Going On Tour!
- Veteran SNCC Organizer And The Algebra Project Founder Bob Moses Dies At 86
- Black Organizers Want Biden To Take Definitive Action On Voting Rights