The American Music Awards were live last night from the Microsoft Theater in LA. Tracee Ellis Ross was the host and Erica Campbell as well as her sister, Tina Campbell were in attendance to give a tribute to Aretha Franklin. Erica spoke about what an amazing time it was meeting different artists, watching performances and singing for God.
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
Producers of the show were going to get other singers to perform, but one remembered that Franklin always closed her shows with a gospel song and that’s exactly what they wanted. They gathered CeCe Winans, Ledisi, Mary Mary, Donnie McClurkin and Rickey Minor to give an unforgettable performance.
RELATED: Watch Warryn & Erica Campbell Perform “All Of My Life” At Praise In The Park [EXCLUSIVE VIDEO]
Erica talked about a moment she had with Cardi B on the red carpet. The rapper was very nervous and Erica grabbed her hand and said I’m praying for you. Cardi B mentioned to Erica that she felt better with Erica being close and then said a curse, but Erica ended it by saying, “God bless you,” to her.
RELATED: Erica Campbell Joins Michelle Obama, Kelly Rowland & More For “When We All Vote” Rally [VIDEO]
Make sure you listen to “Get Up! Mornings with Erica Campbell” 6am ET.
RELATED: Erica Campbell Performs “Help” At 26th Annual Gospel Music Explosion [VIDEO]
- Interview with Our Pastor of the Month Bishop T.A. Mason Jr
- Mobile Text Club
- Sign-Up For Praise 104.7′s VIP Club Newsletter!
- Everything We Know About The Irvo Otieno Case
- [VIDEO] Backstage at Praise in the Park 2023 with Maurette B. Clark
- [VIDEO] Backstage at Praise in The Park 2023 with JJ Hairston
- Bakari Sellers Joins Calls For US Government ‘To Act’ On Shanquella Robinson’s Death Case
- ‘Get Out Of The Country’: Video Shows Black Man Kicked Out Of School CRT Meeting As ‘Racist Woman’ Stays
- Who Jumped Tekashi 6ix9ine? Tweet Claims IG Video Shows Name Of Man Stomping Rapper
- 4 Things Black Writers Need To Know Before Using ChatGPT
- Ramadan: How Public Schools Are Recognizing The Sacred Islamic Month
- Fox News Host Whitesplains Why Conservatives Can’t Define ‘Woke,’ Says It’s Just A ‘Feeling’
- Justice For Randy Cox: Police Chief Finally Recommends Firing Officers Who Paralyzed Black Man
Erica Campbell Shares That She Prayed For Cardi B While They Were On The Red Carpet Together At The American Music Awards was originally published on getuperica.com
10 Easy Bible Memory Verses For Kids
What Does It Mean To Be Equally Yoked?
Bishop Noel Jones Proposes to Longtime Lady Love Loretta after being together for 28 Years
5 Books Of The Bible Every Woman Should Read: Ruth
Mother's Day Celebration at Saint Paul's Baptist Church
Interview with Our Pastor of the Month Bishop T.A. Mason Jr
Word For The Day - Double For Your Trouble
15th Pastoral Anniversary “Kicks & Giggles” at Cedar Street Baptist Church of God