Saul’s conversion was shocking to the Apostles and the followers of Jesus. They didn’t know what to make of it. They wanted to believe because that is what Jesus instructed them to do. Their hearts burned to follow but their minds questioned the logic.
24 Saul learned of their plan. Day and night they kept close watch on the city gates in order to kill him.
25 But his followers took him by night and lowered him in a basket through an opening in the wall.
26 When he came to Jerusalem, he tried to join the disciples, but they were all afraid of him, not believing that he really was a disciple.
27 But Barnabas took him and brought him to the apostles. He told them how Saul on his journey had seen the Lord and that the Lord had spoken to him, and how in Damascus he had preached fearlessly in the name of Jesus.
Saul’s great abilities and earnest enthusiasm drove him to persecute in the beginning. Now that same zeal drives him in spreading the gospel of Christ. It is his writings which make up much of the New Testament of the Bible. Imagine that? The man who lived every second of every day to hate Jesus becomes the deliver of his word.
After his wonderful conversion, Saul went to Jerusalem where he saw Peter, James and John. Later, he went forth with Barnabas to preach (sent forth from the church in Antioch.)The book of Acts recounts his work on three extended missionary journeys through Asia Minor and Greece. On these journeys Paul helped establish Christian congregations in many cities around the eastern and northern Mediterranean. His method was to put people at their ease and to approach them with his message in a language and style they could relate to. We should take a cue from Paul as we engage in apologetics work. No, we don’t need to adopt new names, but we should accommodate ourselves to our audiences (and we mean here audiences as small as one person).
Make sure to read these guides:
- A.D. The Bible Continues Commands: “‘In The Name Of Jesus, Son of God, I Release You…”
- A.D. The Bible Continues Episode 7 “The Road To Damascus” Bible Guide
- A.D. The Bible Continues Episode 6 ‘The Persecution’ Bible Guide
- A.D. The Bible Continues Episode 5 ‘The First Martyr’ Bible Guide
- A. D. The Bible Continues Episode 4 ‘The Wrath’ Bible Guide’
- A.D.The Bible Continues- Episode 3 ‘The Spirit Arrives’ Bible Guide
- A.D.The Bible Continues- Episode 2 ‘The Body Is Gone’ Bible Guide
- A.D.The Bible Continues- Episode 1 ‘The Tomb Is Open Bible Guide’
Make sure to join the conversation with our Facebook family!
A.D. The Bible Continues Episode 8 “Saul’s Return” Bible Guide was originally published on elev8.hellobeautiful.com