UPDATED: Thursday, July 7, 2016
The Minnesota Department of Public Safety Bureau of Criminal Apprehension have released the names of the officers involved in the shooting death of Philando Castile.
Jeronimo Yanez and Joseph Kauser have been placed on administrative leave following the incident. Yanez, who has been on the force for four years, was identified as the officer who opened fire on Castile.
This is a developing story.
Governor Mark Dayton (D-Minnesota), held a press conference on Thursday (July 7), announcing he was appalled over the police shooting death of 32-year-old Philando Castile, and calling for swift justice, NBC News reports.
“Would this have happened if the driver and the passengers had been White? I don’t think so,” he said.
Dayton continued, “I can’t say how shocked I am and deeply, deeply offended that this would happen to somebody in Minnesota. No one should be shot in Minnesota for a tail light being out of function, No one should be killed in Minnesota while seated in their car.”
The St. Anthony Police Department, which covers Falcon Heights, a community of 5,300 people, hasn’t detailed what led up to the shooting or said how many times Castile was shot. The officer hasn’t been identified, but police described him as a five-year veteran and said he has been placed on paid administrative leave, as is standard in shooting investigations.
SOURCE: NBC News, Twitter | PHOTO CREDIT: Getty
10 Easy Bible Memory Verses For Kids
Kirk Franklin Release New Album FATHER’S DAY
Bishop Carlton D. Pearson Dies At 70 After Battle With Cancer
Bishop Noel Jones Proposes to Longtime Lady Love Loretta after being together for 28 Years
Jekalyn Carr Announces Long Awaited New Self-Titled Album! New Album out Friday, October 20th
How To Live A Full Life | Dr. Willie Jolley
The Group Fire Talks New Christmas EP, Teases A Deluxe Edition For 2024
Radio One General Promotional Rules