This Saturday is the final day for in-person absentee voting to participate in the November 8th General Election. In-person absentee voting is available at your local registrar’s office.
Check your voter status, poll location, locate your registrar’s office and candidates on the ballot for the November 8th general election here
Acceptable forms of identification to cast your vote by absentee:
- Valid Virginia Driver’s License or Identification Card
- Valid Virginia DMV issued Veteran’s ID card
- Valid United States Passport
- Other government-issued photo identification cards (must be issued by US Government, the Commonwealth of Virginia, or a political subdivision of the Commonwealth
- Valid college or university student photo identification card (must be from an institution of higher education located in Virginia)
- Employee identification card containing a photograph of the voter and issued by an employer of the voter in the ordinary course of the employer’s business
- or a Virginia Voter Photo ID Card obtained through any local general registrar’s office
A voter who does not bring an acceptable photo ID to the polls will be offered a provisional ballot.
View full text about absentee voting in Virginia courtesy of the Virginia Department of Elections:
RICHMOND, VA – On Saturday, November 5th, 2016, all election offices in the Commonwealth will be open for in-person absentee ballot voting for the November 8, 2016, general election. Absentee ballot applications are available at all election offices and must be completed prior to casting the ballot. Saturday absentee voting provides Virginia voters with an additional opportunity to cast their qualifying absentee ballot in-person at their local voter registration office.
There are 19 acceptable reasons for voting absentee and all eligible Virginia voters are encouraged to take advantage of this program. “Absentee voting is a wonderful option that allows Virginians to participate in the upcoming election even if they are unable to make it to the polls on Election Day,” said Edgardo Cortés, Commissioner of the Virginia Department of Elections (ELECT). A list of acceptable reasons is available on the ELECT website here. Voters can find office hours and contact information for their local voter registration office, see what’s on their ballot, apply for an absentee ballot by mail, check their absentee ballot status, and more at ELECT’s Citizen Portal available at here.
Important absentee ballot dates to remember if voting in the November 8, 2016, general election.
- The two Saturdays to vote absentee in-person are October 29th & November 5th, 2016
- The deadline to vote absentee in-person is on Saturday, November 5, 2016.
- The deadline for returning your ballot by mail is on Tuesday, November 8, 2016, by 7:00pm
In-Person Absentee Voting Thru Saturday With Qualifying Reason was originally published on kissrichmond.com
10 Easy Bible Memory Verses For Kids
Bishop Noel Jones Proposes to Longtime Lady Love Loretta after being together for 28 Years
Kirk Franklin Release New Album FATHER’S DAY
“Selma” Director Says Constant Talk About Oscars’ Lack Of Diversity A “Distraction”
Pastor of the Month: Larry Enis (New Beginnings Church)
5 Books Of The Bible Every Woman Should Read: Ruth
How To Stay Strong When Your World Shakes Apart | Dr. Willie Jolley
‘Cop City’: Police Chief Blames Protesters After Cops Use Tear Gas To Disperse Crowd