From NBC News:
Immediately after Perez’s selection as party chairman in late February, an adviser to outgoing DNC Interim Chair Donna Brazile, Leah Daughtry, asked every employee to submit a letter of resignation dated April 15, according to multiple sources familiar with the party’s internal workings.
A committee advising Perez on his transition is now interviewing staff and others as part of a top-to-bottom review process to decide not only who will stay and who will go, but how the party should be structured in the future.
…The DNC will embark on a national search to fill key party positions, overseen by the 30-odd members of the transition advisory committee.
What is unclear with the house-cleaning move is what “roles that new deputy chair Keith Ellison — the Minnesota congressman who narrowly lost the party’s chair race to Perez — and other vice chairs will play,” reports CNN.
Raise the Roof: Celebrities React to President Obama’s DNC Speech
1. Anthony HamiltonSource: 1 of 13
2. Jesse Tyler FergusonSource: 2 of 13
3. Aasif MandviSource: 3 of 13
4. Clay AikenSource: 4 of 13
5. Kat KinsmanSource: 5 of 13
6. Deray MckessonSource: 6 of 13
7. T.J. HolmesSource: 7 of 13
8. DarthSource: 8 of 13
9. Octavia SpencerSource: 9 of 13
10. Vivica A. FoxSource: 10 of 13
11. Loni LoveSource: 11 of 13
Tom Perez Overhauls DNC, Calls For Staff Resignations was originally published on newsone.com