Life wasn’t easy for Pat Polis and changed for the better after serving two tours in Vietnam. Polis was only 19-years-old when he was drafted into the Army and will never forget that day. According to WBIR, he is now 71 and is known to people in his congregation as Reverend Doctor Polis.
He said, “It’s a powerful … it’s a powerful thing, it never leaves you.” Polis wasn’t religious and never grew up in church. While in the army he met a First Sergeant and he introduced God to him and even gave him his first bible. He read it all the time and began to have a relationship with God.
After leaving the war he became a business leader, but didn’t feel he belonged in this field. Polis spoke about the day he felt the presence of God. He said, “I heard a voice, not audibly, but in here say, ‘I’m calling you.” That year his life transformed and he became a pastor in 1993. His service in sacrifice for his country was a hard time, but serving the Lord is what he was always called to do.
- JEKALYN CARR PREPS FOR “YOU WILL WIN”CONFERENCE JUNE 21-22
- Black Music Month: Celebrating The Winans [Video Playlist]
- Joy Living: What Do You Do When People Let You Down [EXCLUSIVE VIDEO]
- 3 Quick And Chic Date Night Outfits For Plus-Size Women
- GRIFF’s Prayer For Men Who Don’t Know How To Put The Pillows On The Bed Correctly [EXCLUSIVE VIDEO]
- Sarah Huckabee Sanders Slammed On Live TV For Being A Parent With No Empathy For Brown Children
- That’s Not Christian! Faith Academy Accused Of School Racism In Federal Complaint
- How To Help A Loved One Who May Need Counseling [EXCLUSIVE]
- True Hollywood Bible Story Of Naomi & Ruth [EXCLUSIVE]
- Holy Grounds! Bryan Popin’s ‘Step in the Name’ vs. Charles Jenkins’ ‘Can’t Turn Back’