Life wasn’t easy for Pat Polis and changed for the better after serving two tours in Vietnam. Polis was only 19-years-old when he was drafted into the Army and will never forget that day. According to WBIR, he is now 71 and is known to people in his congregation as Reverend Doctor Polis.
He said, “It’s a powerful … it’s a powerful thing, it never leaves you.” Polis wasn’t religious and never grew up in church. While in the army he met a First Sergeant and he introduced God to him and even gave him his first bible. He read it all the time and began to have a relationship with God.
After leaving the war he became a business leader, but didn’t feel he belonged in this field. Polis spoke about the day he felt the presence of God. He said, “I heard a voice, not audibly, but in here say, ‘I’m calling you.” That year his life transformed and he became a pastor in 1993. His service in sacrifice for his country was a hard time, but serving the Lord is what he was always called to do.
- GRIFF’s Prayer: No More Cable [EXCLUSIVE VIDEO]
- Faith Walking: Fight In The Spirit [EXCLUSIVE VIDEO]
- Ericaism: Help The Young Mommas [EXCLUSIVE VIDEO]
- I Wore Shorts For The First Time In 10 Years And No One Died
- Who Needs The NFL? Colin Kaepernick Will Receive Medal From Harvard
- Behind The Praise Jonathan Nelson: The Story Behind The Glory [Exclusive Video]
- Gospel Singer Jonathan Nelson Gives His Declarations & Breaks Down “I Agree” In Voices
- Sanaa Lathan: I Would Be Doing The ‘Nappily Ever After’ Story A Disservice If I Didn’t shave My Head
- Black Hurricane Florence Survivors Say They’re Being Ignored After Historic Flooding In Wilmington
- Warryn and Erica Campbell Sing About Their Faith and Dedication to Christ in New Track ‘All of My Life’