Life wasn’t easy for Pat Polis and changed for the better after serving two tours in Vietnam. Polis was only 19-years-old when he was drafted into the Army and will never forget that day. According to WBIR, he is now 71 and is known to people in his congregation as Reverend Doctor Polis.
He said, “It’s a powerful … it’s a powerful thing, it never leaves you.” Polis wasn’t religious and never grew up in church. While in the army he met a First Sergeant and he introduced God to him and even gave him his first bible. He read it all the time and began to have a relationship with God.
After leaving the war he became a business leader, but didn’t feel he belonged in this field. Polis spoke about the day he felt the presence of God. He said, “I heard a voice, not audibly, but in here say, ‘I’m calling you.” That year his life transformed and he became a pastor in 1993. His service in sacrifice for his country was a hard time, but serving the Lord is what he was always called to do.
- Rhea Walls Of The Walls Group Gives Birth To Baby Boy [PHOTOS]
- Transformation Expo 2018 – NEW ARTISTS ANNOUNCED!
- The Wow 2018 Stellar Awards Flyaway
- Celebrate Black History Month!
- Tamyya J On The Long Singing Journey After Winning McDonald’s Gospelfest [EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW]
- 4 Records ‘Black Panther’ Has Broken, So Far
- Kim Burrell Uninvited From Church Event Due To Comments On Homosexuality
- Drake Says ‘God’s Plan’ Video Most Important Of His Career
- Sgt. La David Johnson’s Plans For His Family Were Tragically Cut Short
- Black Florida School Official Emerges As The Calming Voice Following The Parkland Shooting