Anna Golladay loves God and loved her job as an associate pastor at First Methodist Church. According to Fox 17, the superintendent of the ‘Scenic South District of the Holston Conference of The United Methodist Church’ revoked her license. During her interview she mentioned that she helped the church welcome the LGBTQ community.
Golladay said, “We started the revitalization process with an assumption of inclusion for GLBT folk and have not strayed from that and we knew that inclusion was going to very much be a part of our story.” She conducted a same sex wedding even though the Methodist church didn’t allow it.
She said, “If I am going to step out in faith knowing that I am potentially crossing a line based on the rules of a man-made book, I wanted to be intentional about that. I wanted to be sure that it was exactly what God intended me to do. I find it sad that the Church asks of me to be their pastor in always at all times, except for one day out of one year in their entire life. There’s something fundamentally wrong about that.” The decision has cost her the license and some of her church members are standing with her. We will keep you updated on this story.
- Take Our Music Test For Your Chance To Win $250 In Cash!
- Gospel 10: “Won’t He Do It” Just Ask Koryn Hawthorne!
- Faith Walking: What Do You Do When Someone Receives What You’ve Been Praying For? [EXCLUSIVE VIDEO]
- White Church Folks Are Really Terrified Of Brown People
- Meghan Markle’s White Side Of Her Family Have Taken Trashy To A New Level
- Michelle Williams Revealed She Checked Into A Mental Health Facility: “If You Change Your Mind, You Can Change Your Life”
- Museum May Be Built To Memorialize Black Prisoners Whose Bodies Were Found In Texas
- Warryn Campbell Gives Juan Winans Tips On How To Have A Son [VIDEO]
- Police Make Community Relations Worse With Their Weak Damage Control Tactics, Activists Say
- Iowa Communities Preparing For Mass Resistance With Racist School Incidents On The Rise?
MC Lyte’s Romantic Destination Wedding [PHOTOS]
1. MC Lyte Got Married This Weekend1 of 9
2.2 of 9
3.3 of 9
4.4 of 9
5.5 of 9
6.6 of 9
7.7 of 9
8.8 of 9
9.9 of 9
Pastor Fired After Officiating Same-Sex Wedding [VIDEO] was originally published on GetUpErica.com