Revered as “The Queen of Gospel Music” Albertina Walker is a gospel industry staple and one of the foremothers of the industry that we love so dearly today.
A native of Chicago, Walker realized her love for gospel music at a young age when she began singing in the church choir. Her immense talent would soon garner the attention of gospel legend, Mahalia Jackson. While still just a teenager, Walker joined Jackson on the road. The two would become very close friends.
As an adult, Walker would go on to form The Caravans. The gospel supergroup that launched the careers of acclaimed artists like Dorothy Norwood, Shirley Caesar, and Rev. James Cleveland. In the 1960s, Walker left the group to focus on her solo career.
With a musical legacy spanning almost seven decades, Walker has been honored with numerous awards, including a Grammy and three Stellars.
“I’m Still Here”
“I Can Go to God in Prayer”
“The Best Is Yet to Come”
“Don’t Let Nobody Turn You Around”
“Joy Will Come”
Don’t Miss The Latest In Entertainment, News, and More! Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
Text “Praise” To 71007 for your chance at ticket giveaways and news before anyone else!…Standard Messaging Rates Apply
For the Latest Entertainment News:
- Love Thy Neighbor Sweepstakes
- Pastor of the Month January 2023: Pastor Darrin Hill of Marmora Baptist Church
- Mobile Text Club
- Sign-Up For Praise 104.7′s VIP Club Newsletter!
- A Brief History Of Club And House Music
- Lead and Maximize Your Greatness | Dr. Willie Jolley
- Ed Reed Claims BCU Player Was Suspended After Spotlighting Concerns About Resources
- Tech CEO Apologizes For Invoking Martin Luther King Jr. Quote While Laying Off Employees