October 28, 2019 — Gospel Grammy Award winning recording artists Kirk Franklin seems to have found himself being disrespected again. This time by the Gospel Music Association’s Dove Awards. All of this comes after Franklin speech was edited from the awards show. In all fairness, officials from the show said that many of the acceptance speeches were edited in order to fit the award show in the two time slot it had.
However while Franklin is humbled and honored to have two awards this year from the most recent DOVE AWARDS, he is NOT pleased that his acceptance speech and his stand against police brutality and the call for prayers after a police shooting in his hometown of Fort Worth, Texas was cut from airing during the playback of the show.
Additionally, this is NOT the first time this has happened to Franklin. To that end, Franklin has decided to BOYCOTT the Awards show, until some sort of change is put in place. Check out the video and hear Franklin’s entire CLAP BACK!
Don’t Miss The Latest In Entertainment, News, and More! Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
Text “Praise” To 71007 for your chance at ticket giveaways and news before anyone else!…Standard Messaging Rates Apply
For the Latest Entertainment News:Follow @‘praiserichmond’
- Win $1,000 with The Dreamers Academy Foundation Inc. Scholarship
- Mobile Text Club
- Sign-Up For Praise 104.7′s VIP Club Newsletter!
- Black People Tried To Warn Texas About Ken Paxton
- 5 Things You Should Know About The Walker v. Warnock Debate
- Herschel Walker Campaign ‘Captains’ Include Accused Capitol Rioter And Fake GOP Elector
- BET Announces Celebrity Couples and Cast Joining New Dating Series