As security continues to tighten across the country, police in Richmond and security teams here are also not taking any chances as many roads have been closed in downtown Richmond on Lobby Day and this week. As a result, residents who live in the area surrounding Capitol Square and downtown, should expect a few travel disruptions.
The following roads will be closed from 6 a.m. on Jan. 17 to 6 p.m. on Jan. 18:
- 9th Street between E. Main Street and E. Broad Street
- 10th Street between E. Cary Street and Bank Street
- East Main Street between 14th Street and 9th Street
- Bank Street between 14th Street and Governor Street
- Franklin Street between 8th and 9th Streets
- Franklin Street between 7th and 8th Streets
- East Grace Street between 8th and 9th Streets
- East Grace Street between 7th and 8th Streets
- 12th Street between Cary Street and Bank Street
- Monument Avenue between Meadow Street and Lombardy Street
- Allen Avenue between W. Grace Street and Park Avenue
Additional roads may be closed temporarily as needed.
Signs also prohibiting firearms have also been placed throughout the city to inform those who may gather that firearms are prohibited at permitted events.
10 Easy Bible Memory Verses For Kids
Kirk Franklin Release New Album FATHER’S DAY
Bishop Carlton D. Pearson Dies At 70 After Battle With Cancer
Bishop Noel Jones Proposes to Longtime Lady Love Loretta after being together for 28 Years
Jekalyn Carr Announces Long Awaited New Self-Titled Album! New Album out Friday, October 20th
Pastor of the Month: Mark A. Divens of Second Antioch Baptist Church
How To Live A Full Life | Dr. Willie Jolley
The Group Fire Talks New Christmas EP, Teases A Deluxe Edition For 2024