Cornel West, the public intellectual, activist and Ivy League professor, is taking a “significant pay cut” to leave Princeton and return to where he began his teaching career: Union Theological Seminary in the City of New York.
His new title: Professor of Philosophy and Christian Practices.
The New York Times interviewed West, 58, over the phone while he was on his way to visit Occupy protesters in Seattle. West said he was returning to Union because it is “the institutional expression of my core identity as a prophetic Christian,” adding that: “I don’t have that much time, and I want to be able to do precisely what I’m called to do.”
- Gayle King to Join ‘The Early Show’ on CBS
- Radio One Richmond Celebrates Annual Toy Drive
- Our Salute to America’s Veterans on Veterans Day
- Radio One Invites You to Help Us “Pack the Pods”
- See Mary Mary Perform On Thanksgiving!