The State Capitol in Richmond, VA won’t look anything like Christmas anytime soon. In fact, the Cap City has officially canceled Christmas! Can you believe it? No, Ebenezer Scrudge didn’t get his wish, but a certain film producer did after choosing Hollywood over the holidays. Steven Spielberg’s new movie “Lincoln” will be shooting on location at the State Capitol after taking up residence throughout the area in order to complete the project.
The news arrived late Thursday afternoon as the Governor Bob McDowell confirmed the Christmas tree lighting ceremony will still happen, just not as normal. Instead, the annual festivities will take place one week before Christmas when Spielberg and his crews call it a wrap on the set by December 6th.
Do you think Santa will be delayed too this year? Tell us how you feel about Scrudge…we mean, Spielberg canceling Christmas in Richmond.
Share your thoughts with us below on the message board using your Twitter or Facebook profile to log in and leave a comment.
- Shirley Murdock to Star in “I’ll Be Home for Christmas” at The Apollo Theater
- Cornel West Leaves Princeton to Return to Theological Seminary
- Kierra Sheard On Why She Didn’t Want To Date Her Fiancee [AUDIO]
- Hip Hop’s DJ Premier Credits Gospel Greats for Inspiration
- Oprah Congratulates Best Friend Gayle King on New CBS Venture