Legislators from across the Commonwealth of Virginia will converge on Virginia’s General Assembly for the next three months. Lawmakers will introduce bills that will need votes from both the Senate and House of Delegates.
At issue, the state’s proposed budget by Governor Bob McDonnell for FY-13 through FY-14; Virginia’s Retirement System, Education cuts vs increases; Health insurance benefits affordability; unemployment benefits extensions; economic development and restorative justice, to name a few.
What are the chief responsibilities of the Virginia General Assembly? To represent citizens in the formulation of public policy, enact laws of the Commonwealth, approve the budget, levy taxes, elect judges and confirm appointments by the Governor.
The General Assembly is in session. You can track bills that your senator and delegate are introducing at http://lis.virginia.gov
The General Assembly affects you and your lifestyle. Stay connected….Miss Community
- Platinum-Selling Praise & Worship Ensemble Shekinah Glory Ministry Earn Stellar Award
- Earnest Pugh announces distribution agreement with Entertainment One
- Muhammad Ali Celebrates 70th Birthday
- First Lady Michelle Obama Turns 48
- BMI Trailblazers of Gospel Red Carpet Interview with Damita Haddon