Noted Detroit gospel singer and pastor Marvin Winans has been approached and confirmed to give the eulogy at Whitney Houston’s funeral to be held by invitation only on Saturday, February 18th in Newark, NJ where the late singer was born.
According to reports from USA Today, Whitney Houston’s mother Cissy Houston, requested Winans (pastor of The Perfecting Church) be the one to preside over the official services at Newark’s New Hope Baptist Church. Winans reportedly know the Houston family well and in fact officiated late singer’s wedding to former husband Bobby Brown in 1992.
Sources say the entire Winans family will be attending the funeral on Saturday. There will be no wake or public viewing as hoped by millions who will be waiting to be apart of the homegoing services for the late singer
.In the meantime, find out the latest on the official funeral plans via the links below.
Share your thoughts with us below on the message board using your Twitter or Facebook profile to log in and leave a comment.
- Yolanda Adams Speaks on the Death of Whitney Houston
- Tyscot and Shirley Murdock Share “Thoughts of Love” for Valentines Day
- OUR HISTORY MAKERS: Toni Morrison
- Blacksmoke Films Ready to Launch It’s First Movie, “Church Girl”
- Pioneering Gospel Music Magazine Goes To Digital Format on February 18th