First Lady Michelle Obama announced as part of her Joining Forces initiative, at the U.S. Chamber of Commerce’s 4th Annual “Business Steps Up: Hiring Our Heros” that a range of businesses plan to hire 100,000 veterans and military spouses by 2014.
Please read the good news here at http://www.whitehouse.gov/blog/2011/11/10/100000-new-jobs-veterans-and-military-families
Governor Bob McDonnell recently said he wants to make Virginia “the most friendliest veteran state in the nation”. President Barack Obama and First Lady Michelle Obama are taking steps to provide 25,000 jobs for veterans and spouses in Virginia.
The United State Department of Veteran Affairs wants to support homeless veterans and women veterans. Other services available include military service benefits, vocational rehabilitation/employment and the like. Please visit www.va.gov.
The Virginia Department of Veterans Services is available for veterans and families when it comes to federal benefits, finding jobs for veterans, updates on the GI bill, in-state tuition residency requirement waived for veterans at public colleges and universities, etc.
Please utilize this website veterans for all services, programs and benefits at www.dvs.virginia.gov
Thank you veterans and active military for keeping us safe and free in our free country. I salute you! Miss Community
- My “Clo-ism” For the Day: Stay Calm It’s Only a Storm
- Pastor Jamal Bryant and Black Leaders Push For a Million New Voters on Easter
- Richmond Sings Praises in Preparation for Transformation Expo 2012
- Minister Earl Bynum a.k.a. Mr. International Stays a bit closer to home this month
- Dr. Robert Schuller and his Wife Are Stepping Down from Crystal Cathedral Board