The family of Maya Angelou has arranged a private memorial service in Wake Forest University’s Wait Chapel on Saturday, June 7 at 10 a.m. Due to limited seating capacity, the family has decided to have a closed service for family and friends only but the university has decided to livestream the service for the public. Watch it live here.
And share your thoughts on the legacy of Maya Angelou in the comments below. How did the phenomenal woman touch your life?
- 20 Facts You Didn’t Know About Maya Angelou
- Oprah Remembers Her First Meeting With Maya Angelou
- Maya Angelou: Activist and Pan Africanist
- India.Arie Shares How Maya Angelou Influenced Her
- Congressmen G.K. Butterfield and Charlie Rangel Reflect On Maya Angelou
- Maya Angelou On the Importance Of Speaking the Truth
LIVE: Watch Maya Angelou’s Homegoing was originally published on newsone.com
10 Easy Bible Memory Verses For Kids
What Does It Mean To Be Equally Yoked?
Bishop Noel Jones Proposes to Longtime Lady Love Loretta after being together for 28 Years
5 Books Of The Bible Every Woman Should Read: Ruth
Word For The Day - Double For Your Trouble
The 8th Annual Black Music Honors, Presented by Procter & Gamble, Set to Showcase the Best of Black Music With Stellar Performances by Tama Braxton, Anthony Hamilton, Tina Campbell, Robin Thicke, and More!
Pastor of the Month
Pastor of the Month: Pastor Nicole Bradley at The City Church of RVA