Hillary Clinton is a lawyer, a philanthropist, an advocate for women’s rights, a former First Lady of the United States, the first American First Lady to be elected to the U.S. senate and the first woman to win a major party’s nomination in the race for the presidential seat.
Hillary reveals where her inspiration and motivation has come from throughout her long career in politics, explaining that she has learned from lessons that her mother has had to learn during her life. She says that “family and faith” has constantly the support and foundation beneath her work, especially as she has become a mother and now a grandmother herself.
When asked what her prayer for the country would be, she remarks “Jesus was a great psychologist,” in that he knew how difficult it is to love thy neighbor if you don’t love yourself. She says she is praying and working to empower people to love themselves in such a way that would make it easier to love others in our country, no matter where they came from. There is, she says, a lot of work to do in our country to combat the negativity and nonsense that fills our lives and politics.
Hillary also speaks on the stakes in this election, saying she doesn’t “think there has ever been an election where the stakes have been higher.” If she wins the election, she explains, she is determined to build on President Obama‘s legacy, and fight against the “dangerous and divisive demagogy” that continues to come from her opponent.
Just some of the ways she’s interested in doing so, for instance, include a program for 20 billion dollars which aims to tackle the challenge of youth unemployment, and subsequently help more people to avoid ending up in the criminal justice system. Her goal, she notes, is to face systemic racism in a way that is productive, and creates change.
Hillary Clinton & Her Famous Friends
1. Hillary Clinton With Lupita Nyong’o1 of 13
2. Hillary Clinton With Kareem Abdul Jabbar2 of 13
3. Hillary Clinton With Lenny Kravitz3 of 13
4. Hillary Clinton With The Royal Family4 of 13
5. Hillary Clinton With Anna Wintour And Michael Kors5 of 13
6. Hillary Clinton With Robert DeNiro6 of 13
7. Hillary Clinton With Bette Midler7 of 13
8. Hillary Clinton With Elton John8 of 13
9. Hillary Clinton With Harrison Ford9 of 13
10. Hillary Clinton With Meryl Streep10 of 13
11. Hillary Clinton With Paul McCartney11 of 13
12. Hillary Clinton With Oscar de la Renta and Antonio Banderas12 of 13
13. Hillary Clinton With Chris Colfer13 of 13
Hillary Clinton On How She Plans To Build On President Obama’s Legacy [EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW] was originally published on GetUpErica.com