America’s wealth coach Deborah Owens joined Roland Martin on NewsOne Now to explain how you can increase your financial prosperity with the help of family and friends.
Owens explained that financial groups can be beneficial in helping African-Americans build wealth because “we have to save ourselves” by marshaling our own economic dollars.
The financial guru suggested that all fraternities and sororities should have an investment club within their organization, because it teaches those involved how to invest and build assets that can be used as capital.
Owens also suggested that groups of five to ten women should create a purse circle club where they come together in a similar fashion as a book club to discuss economic principles and investing.
Finally, Owens believes African-Americans can channel buying power and convert it into economic power with the creation of a family savings group.
Watch Roland Martin, Deborah Owens and the NewsOne Now panel discuss how to convert buying power into economic power in the video clip above.
For more information, visit www.deborahowens.com/newsonenow.
In Honor Of President's Day, Here Are Photos That Will Make You Miss Barack Obama
1. Barack Gives Daughter Malia a KissSource:Getty 1 of 14
2. Michelle and Barack tell the kids a storySource:Getty 2 of 14
3. Michelle and Barack KissSource:Getty 3 of 14
4. Michelle and BarackSource:Getty 4 of 14
5. Two TermsSource:Getty 5 of 14
6. Michelle and Barack Host a State DinnerSource:Getty 6 of 14
7. Barack Obama and Michelle ObamaSource:Getty 7 of 14
8. Flashback To The Old DaysSource:Pete Souza 8 of 14
9. Candidly AwesomeSource:Pete Souza 9 of 14
10. TV TimeSource:Pete Souza 10 of 14
11. Reading TimeSource:Pete Souza 11 of 14
12. Supporting MomSource:Pete Souza 12 of 14
13. 50th Anniversary Of March On SelmaSource:Pete Souza 13 of 14
14.14 of 14
WealthyU: Turning African-American Buying Power Into Economic Power was originally published on newsone.com