COLUMBUS-Candace McBride, who is a member of a African-American natural-hair group in Columbus, Ohio has made her own African American Barbies with natural Black hair in an Afro style.
McBride plans to give away the Barbies to girls in the Booker T. Washington Apartment in Columbus.
The Root reports:
Candace McBride, a member of the African-American natural-hair group coordinating the giveaway, told the Ledger-Enguirer that it’s hard to find dolls with brown eyes, let alone hair that will remind black girls of their own. So she found an online tutorial that uses pipe cleaners and boiling water to give Barbies natural-looking curls. The plan is to collect and make over about 40 dolls before handing them out.
Can Anybody Defend Jerry Sandusky?
Craziest Fingernail Designs Ever
- Teen Who Was Spanked In Video For Being In Gang Found Dead
- Donald Trump Pulls Out Of GOP Debate
- FAMU Tragedy Or Not, Hazing Will Go On As Usual
- Girls Drop Out Of Girl Scouts After Transgendered Boys Allowed In
- Obama and Congressional Black Caucus Finally Getting Along