Courtesy of articlesfactory.com
It’s time to step back and think about those people who are struggling just to get by. From the flooding in Nashville to the oil spill along the Gulf Coast states, 2010 has been a year full of heartache. These people should know they are not alone in their fight to get back on their feet. Here are ten ways you can make a difference:
1. Give your time to organizations that make a difference.
2. Be consistent with your plan for giving.
3. Consider donating items.
5. Get educated. Learn the issues facing people in the community.
6. Get politically involved, preferably locally.
7. Work with the children in your community. Try to combat poverty whenever possible.
8. Donate some of your services. For example, if you’re a lawyer do some free legal work for the people who are in a bind. Or, if you are a physician give some medical care and advice to citizens.
9. Put your passion to work. Share your love of sports or knowledge with others.
10. Don’t ignore the people around you who need help. Don’t be apathetic.