Whoopi Goldberg celebrates her 63rd year today.
Known for her stand-up comedy and starring in films like The Color Purple, Ghost and Sister Act, Goldberg eventually reinvented herself as a daytime host on ABC’s The View.
The EGOT recipient (winner of an Emmy Award, Grammy Award, Academy Award, and Tony Award) is also revered for her outspoken opinion.
Today we celebrate the phenom that is Whoopi Goldberg by looking at 7 of her most transformative quotes.
Don’t Miss The Latest In Entertainment, News, and More! Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
7 Quotes By Whoopi Goldberg That Will Change Your View On Life was originally published on kissrichmond.com
1. “I am the American Dream. I am the epitome of what the American Dream basically said. It said you could come from anywhere and be anything you want in this country. That’s exactly what I’ve done.”
Mercedes-Benz New York Fashion Week – Skingraft -Front Row
2. “I am an artist, art has no color and no sex.”
American actors Patrick Swayze, Demi Moore and Whoopi Goldberg on the set of Ghost, directed by Jerry Zucker. (Photo by Paramount Pictures/Sunset Boulevard/Corbis via Getty Images)
3. “And I don’t believe that I have to stay on one side of the fence or the other. I don’t believe that there is any good career move or bad career move. I believe there are only the things that make me happy.”
Deauville American Film Festival, Deauville, France, September 1990. Our picture shows Whoopi Goldberg is at the festival to promote new film, Ghost, in which she plays the character of Oda Mae Brown. (Photo by Phil Spencer/Mirrorpix/Getty Images)
4. “It bums me out tremendously what the church has become, and if it’s got me bummed, imagine what Jesus Christ must be feeling.”
African American comedian and actress Whoopi Goldberg on camera in Sister Act, May 30, 1992. (Photo by Afro American Newspapers/Gado/Getty Images)
5. “We’re born with success. It is only others who point out our failures, and what they attribute to us as failure.”
Comic Relief (HBO)n March 29, 1987 nocopyright,pr, Getty
6. “I used my imagination to make the grass whatever color I wanted it to be.”
Whoopi Goldberg on the set of ‘The Color Purple’. (Photo by Sunset Boulevard/Corbis via Getty Images)
7. “All I really want to do is just keep acting, and some of it will stink, and some of it will be really good, and maybe when I’m 85 and presenting an Oscar like Bette Davis did, I can look back and say, ‘It was okay, I did all right.”
(Original Caption) Los Angeles: Whoopi Goldberg holds her Best Supporting Actress Oscar for her role in Ghost March 25.