September is Sickle Cell Awareness month. Recently, Community Clovia was joined by Tiffany Dews, Dionne Bobo, and Mary Crawford with the MCV Foundation — the foundation that helps raise money and steward funds for the Florence Neal Cooper Smith Professorship.
More than 250,000 has been raised to date, however, the ultimate goal is to raise one million dollars and we need your help.
About 100,00 people have sickle cell disease in the U.S.
Spread the word. Donate. Funding will ensure work continues to improve sickle cell treatment, research, and education on the MCV Campus.
For more information, visit http://www.MCVFoundation.org
Don’t Miss The Latest In Entertainment, News, and More! Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
Text “Praise” To 71007 for your chance at ticket giveaways and news before anyone else!…Standard Messaging Rates Apply
For the Latest Entertainment News:Follow @‘praiserichmond’
- Mobile Text Club
- Nominate The Pastor of the Month
- Newsletter Sign-Up
- NBC Pulls The Plug On 2022 Golden Globes Amid Diversity Shake Up
- Watch First Episode of Vice’s DC Sniper Documentary Series
- Oklahoma Governor Puts Feelings Over Facts By Signing Anti-Critical Race Theory Law
- Why Every Black Man Should Build A Garden In Their Apartment
September Is Sickle Cell Awareness Month: Celebrate Life, Lessen The Pain was originally published on kissrichmond.com